Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Blake’s POV

Wolfs instantly jumped on us as we had very little time to shift. Jackson was still standing in front of me, his hands stuffed into his pockets. My men shifted straight away, while I just stood there, looking at Jackson.

“You realise you just ruined your plan by marking her” I stated, not worrying about the noise of ripping flesh and howls fill the air. I knew he would hear me over that.

“I was going to kill her, but then I decided to keep her for when you’d hand over the pack. You got lucky there with her though” he added, anger filled me up, but I knew what he was trying to do; he wanted me to act on my anger.

“I know,” I smirked “shame you’ll have to die though, it really is” I said, my voice thickly laced with obvious sarcasm. He raised his eyebrows and released a laugh, slapping his knee.

“Oh man, I think you got it wrong there, you’ll be the one to die in the end” a chuckle escaped his mouth at the end. This man was seriously full of himself.

“Sure, sure, you keep telling yourself that” I nodded, a sadist smile twitching on my lips from the thoughts of smashing his head in.

I was so going to enjoy that.

“We’ll see” and with that he disappeared into the crowd of fighting wolves. Each of them didn’t have a scent, it was like fighting blindly. You couldn’t tell if one was about to sneak up on you. Snarls ripped through the air, I could tell my men were winning, but Jackson was still out of sight.

Feeling an unfamiliar presence behind me, I spun around and cleanly snapped the neck off one of the rouge wolfs, its head rolled to the floor and its glassy green eyes started blankly up at me. Blood was pouring out from the neck and body and its grey fur was matted with dirt and blood.

Moving on, I shifted into my wolf, and took down ten other rouge wolfs, their bodies torn apart and shredded. My anger and need was driving me; all I wanted was her safe and them dead. I’d do whatever it takes.

Soon enough bodies littered the ground, and four of my men were seriously injured and one dead. The rest just had minor scrapes and bruises. The rainforest around me was buzzing with insects, all of them attached to one of the corpses, feeding off the flesh and blood.

It wasn’t a pretty sight, but we had to move on.

‘Further down south, I’m pretty sure there’s a building. Raid and kill every man there’ I told my men through the pack link. They all bobbed their heads up and down in agreement, before taking off south. The leaves and twigs snapped beneath our feet as I lead the way.

I could see a river beside us, but as soon as we came close all the animals ducked beneath the water’s surface. They could probably feel the vibrations in the water from our feet pounding into the ground. The bond between me and Leera kept pulling me forward, it felt like someone had wrapped a piece of rope around me and was dragging me towards her.

Shaking my head, I focused on the bond and ran faster; my breaths were coming out in short pants as I was sprinting faster than ever. The men behind me ran faster to catch up with my pace. I probably should slow down, but the pull wasn’t letting me, it was almost pushing me to go faster.

Then the bond pulling me stopped. I halted as the men behind me scrambled up from the sudden change. We were in a small clearing, barely enough to hold four of us, it was surrounded by think, tall roots from the trees that stuck into the ground like prison cell bars.

The bond wouldn’t pull me further; it was as thought it was saying that she was right here. I sniffed around the clearing, but nothing was here but scents of animals. Deciding to shift, I didn’t care that I was naked and had about 200 wolfs behind me; they just seemed to follow suit, shifting after me.