Chapter 39

Levi listened quietly and didn't ask anything. He didn't look at me, instead focusing on an empty corner.

"And you haven't seen him since?" He finally asked.

"No. I have basically forgotten about him." I reply, rubbing my forehead.

"If you remember his exact words, you haven't forgotten about him." He turns and faces me.

"I don't think about him often." I roll my eyes, such an irritating short thing.

He sighs and then asks me, "Anything you want to know?"

"Tell me about life in the Underground for you." I lay back in my seat but retain eye contact with him.

"Well I didn't live by myself. I was with two other friends. Farlan Church and Isabel Magnolia. We stole 3DM gear and used it a lot, as transport and as a way to steal easier. But obviously, we were caught. Not like being up here is bad, it was our goal anyway." He answered.

"So where are Farlan Church and Isabel Magnolia now?" Wait. They probably passed. "Sorry, nevermind." I quickly say, embarrassed.

"I know what you are thinking, and yes, they died at the hands of a Titan. Rest in Peace." His face as stern and I looked away.

"Rest in Peace." I nod.

"Well Levi, it's getting late. I better leave now." I break the tension and stand up.

"I know you aren't going to sleep." He mutters.

"Obviously not, I am just politely leaving." I retort, rolling my eyes.

"Do as you please Idiot." He replies.

"Of course, Shorty." I insult him, "Wait,why are you so short?" I turn around and ask him.

"I don't know Shortcake." He flatly answers.

"Well, would you like to be as tall as Eren?" I persist.

"Maybe. Would you like to be as tall as Mikasa?" He rolled his eyes.

"Walls, no. She is a 2 meter class Titan." I grimace. I turn around to the door and Levi chuckles.

"Bye." He mutters.

"Goodnight." I close the door behind me.

***

4 days have passed and my ankle has become better. The bandage was removed earlier and Hange told me to leave it exposed now so the wound can breathe.

I was currently sitting in Erwin's office, by myself, with a big piece of paper in front of me.

Erwin requested for me to draw a plan for a new HQ. I have no clue who told him I can draw, because I can't. I'm not bad, just average, but I can't understand why he asked me too. I glanced at a list of things he stated should be included in the plan and picked up the ruler and pencil again.

I had started a long time ago, and I am nearly finished. I tried to make it as nice as possible but obviously, there are strict rules on what the Scout Regiment Headquarters should look like.

Outside, I could hear my fellow mates, pulling and heaving logs of wood, making this Cabin bigger. A lot has been done this pass week and Erwin thinks the Cabin might be done faster.

Hange, has still been experimenting with Eren, although on the side, she has been experimenting on the Crystal left from the secret chamber under the Reiss Church. She thinks it may be useful.

Levi has been co-ordinating the work outside, sending orders to people as usual.

But I have been useless.

I internally sigh and continue working on the plan, the only useful thing I can do at the moment.

Erwin, with an injured arm, is still helping outside! I have a scratch on my ankle and they are treating me like I am handicapped!

Outrageous!

I could at least cut down some trees and stuff, not using my ankle. It should be fully healed in the next 5 days, by force.

***

I find myself, five day later, standing on the Wall in Trost District. I was in uniform, currently observing a killing machine Eren though off. Levi was standing beside me with his arms crossed and wearing a blank face. A titan falls for the trap and immediately, its nape is crushed.

"Looks like it did a lot of damage." I mutter.

"Great!" Eren smiles.

"It worked just as planned! Now we can defeat Titans without soldiers even having to fight them! We can run this all day without having to use cannons or other resources! We've created an executioner from Hell whose sole purpose is to slaughter Titans!!" Hange nods, "More Good News For Humanity! Spread the word!" Hange jumps up and I chuckle. I glance at Eren and notice his nose bleeding, a lot.

I quickly go over to him, ignoring Hange's exclaims, and hand him a handkerchief. Levi walks over and kneels beside Eren. Hange's noise dies down when she notices Eren.

"Eren?!" She calls out, confused.

"Its probably from overusing his Titan powers. He's been doing nothing but Hardening Experiments lately. " I state. Levi glances at me, then Hange.

"That is true. You should assume that there's a limit to how many rocks he can make, and that includes what he does with his own body." Levi continues.

"Sorry Eren, I was caught up in my own idea's." Hange half-smiles, but Eren is quick to reply.

"Please don't apologise." He stands up, "There's no need to say that just because I am a little tired. Look at this amazing weapon we have. Let's make more. The thought of being able to kill Titans without anyone having to be eaten is amazing. Now we just have to close the Hole in Wall Maria and keep using these to get rid of Titans, and we'll be able to clean out the Titans out from inside Wall Maria."

***

A month has passed and everything has been coming along nicely. The Cabin has been fully built and we brought in many orphans, who seem to be very happy. Eren has perfected his hardening ability and Hange has been working on making new weapons with the crystal from the secret chamber under the Reiss Church. A meeting with Zackly was been rescheduled, and more people are coming this time, to try and prevent what happened the last time.

I sat at the table with Erwin, Zackly, Levi, Hange, Pixis, many ranked MPs and a few 'Wall Worshippers' at a rectangular shaped table. We are currently looking over the Survey Corp's progress so far.

"I see, a Titan Guillotine? Excellent job, Survey Corps." I half-smile at Zackly's words, "The retaking of Wall Maria is starting to look realistic. How goes the Nighttime Pathmaking in Shiganshina?"

I place my hands on my thighs and Erwin answers, "We've secured a path more than halfway in. Our swift progress has only been possible thanks to that Shining Ore. The day we execute the plan to reclaim Wall Maria is now on sight. As in the practical introduction of those new weapon. Within the month, I believe that all our Preparations will be complete."

I feel something lay on top of my hand from the right. I look to the right, and obviously see Levi, looking away. I lace my fingers through his and place my other hand on top. I let out a soft sigh of contempt, but then hear, "Earlier than excepted. But failure is not an option."

I look up and see its coming from some stupid MP.