0.1

Blythe Danner as Grandma Rose

0.1

Moving sucks.

Not only am I moving in with someone I see every blue moon, but I have to start at a new school in my senior year. I don't even like school.

I'm currently sitting on the floor in my grandmother's living room as the movers walk in and out with my belongings. I've been doing this for a couple minutes now, seeing as there isn't much to do until all the boxes are inside.

I decide to move from my place on the floor and explore the house a little. It's a cute two story house with about five rooms on the main floor and around six on the second floor, along with a basement that I don't plan on going into.

Eventually the movers are done bringing my things in and I head to the room so I can get started on unpacking before I lose all motivation. As I walk into the room I notice I desk to my left, my dresser and mirror to my right, and my bed the centre against the wall with a mattress already on it.

I start unpacking the essentials first, my bed sheets, until I only have a couple boxes of clothes and things left; at that moment my grandma decided to poke her head in.

"Hey I see you've started putting things away." She leans against the doorframe. Her curly blonde, almost white, hair tied up in a bun with some strands hanging around her face, and a loose colourful dress on.

"Yeah my hands feel gross from all the cardboard and tape." I laugh changing my leg position.

"Oh I'm sure, just glad you finally made it after all this time."

I was born and lived in Canada but since my mom was an American citizen, technically so am I, regardless we never made many ventures to see relatives not in Canada. 

"At least I'm finally here."

"Well, why don't you take a break and go grab some snacks you might like from the convenience store down the street?"

I look down at my outfit consisting of a cropped t-shirt and some grey Roots sweatpants.

"Sure, how do I get there?" I ask standing and stretching my stiff legs.

"Out the door to the left, follow the street until you get to the elementary school and it's right across." She tells me entering the room to help organize.

"Okay thanks, I'll be right back." I start to walk towards the stairs when her voice calls me back.

"Grab a twenty from my wallet at the front and grab me a chocolate bar with nuts in it."

With an 'okay' I grab the money and walk out the door. As I followed her instructions, hoping I don't get lost, I looked around the neighbourhood that would be my new home.

Grandma Rose lives in a very picturesque neighbourhood; lot's of trees, some trails to walk along, and a nice park with a gated dog park connected. After a couple minutes of walking I come across the convenience store with an elementary school across the street just like she said.

I cross the street to the store and walk inside. A bell on the door chimes as I walk in the door of the air conditioned building. 

There are a few other people are walking through the few aisles of candy, chips, random toys, preserved foods and cereals, with a station for lottery tickets and drinks in a fridge on either side.

I pass a deep freeze full of popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and Drumstick. I explored picking up the snacks that caught my eye while finding a chocolate bar with nuts.