| 011 - Cereal, Eggs & Apples |

~
I want soup
~

Mr Stark and Miss Pepper wake up alongside everyone else I met yesterday while I sit in the living room. Everyone says good morning to each other and goes on to do their own thing while I sit quietly, watching the cartoons on the television.

I look around to see what everyone is doing. Mr Bucky is now napping on the other side of the couch, Mr Stark is talking to Steve. Mr Banner is sitting with Miss Pepper talking to her nonchalantly as they read, Mr Bruce has a book open in his lap while Miss Pepper is reading a news paper she had stolen from Mr Steve earlier.

I look into the kitchen to see Wanda talking to a person-robot-thingy I had learned was named Vision. I don't really know the story about him but Wanda and him seem close so that's cool. Aunt Nat is eating a bowl of cereal and watching something on the television as Clint talks away.

My stomach growls when I see her eating and I get out of my spot. I see Mr Stark look at me, confused but then seems to realize I'm going to the kitchen so he goes back to his conversation.

"Hey younger kid," Clint greets me when I walk into the room and I see Wanda stick her lip out. "How's it going?" He asks and I shrug.

"Wanna sit with us?" Aunt Nat asks, shutting him up and he simply shrugs before going to dig through some cabinets. I nod a little and watch as Clint pulls out a box of cereal with a bunny on the front of it and I decide I want a bowl of that.

"What we eating people?" Mr Stark asks when he enters the room, clearly very awake. He must've had some coffee. And by some I mean like twelve cups. Can you overdose on coffee?

Clint must have seen me watching him making his food because he hands me a red bowl, inside there are colorful circles. He gives me a smile and takes his seat next to Aunt Nat and starts talking again, going on about the most random things. Like giraffes, mainly giraffes.

"I'll cook for anyone who wants it," Miss Pepper volunteers and Mr Stark takes a seat next to me. I eat a spoon of the cereal and want to throw it up the minute I swallow. I keep myself from gagging and look down at the bowl to keep the others from seeing the tears welling up in my eyes, wiping them quickly when no one is looking.

"What do we have?" Mr Stark asks and everyone's attention except the girls is on him. They must all be hungry. Miss Pepper shakes her head before walking over to the fridge.

"You guys can get cereal like Peter and Nat," She starts and then moves some things around in the fridge. "We've also got eggs. I'm not making more pancakes or waffles this morning," She says and then turns back to all of us. "So your options are cereal or eggs."

"Can you make eggs?" Mr Stark asks and Miss Pepper looks at him for a second before sighing.

"Anyone else want any?" She asks and multiple people nod. I laugh a little under my breath as Clint nods even though he has a bowl of cereal in front of himself. "You're getting what you get though, so no complaining." She comments and then everyone in the room, and I mean everyone, starts whining about the eggs jokingly and I laugh a little at them.

"You get your gifts?" Mr Stark asks looking at me and I nod. "You like them?" He asks and I nod some more not wanting to seem ungrateful. I'm not used to being just handed stuff, it's weird. Up until this point I have had to help get everything I want or need so yeah this is weird.

Everyone starts talking to each other again and out of the corner of my eye I see Mr Bucky walk into the room, yawning a little. He glances at Mr Steve and smirks before grabbing an apple out of the fruit basket. I make a confused face at him without anyone else noticing and he puts a finger to his lips, signaling for me not to say anything. He grins again when I nod slightly even though I'm confused.

"Think fast," He laughs before pegging the apple at Mr Steve, making me laugh. It hits Mr Steve and I laugh alongside everyone else. I look at my bowl while Mr Steve picks up the apple and notice that while mine is practically full, Clint's is empty. I look around to see if anyone is watching and quickly switch them out.

When everyone calms back down, Mr Starks eyes travel to Clint's bowl in front of me and he raises his eyebrows. Clint looks at where his bowl used to be and quickly eats the cereal inside of it, not thinking about it twice. Mr Stark must not have noticed the switch because he goes back to talking but I look up to see Aunt Nat looking between the two bowls suspiciously before meeting my eyes. I shrug and give her an innocent smile before going back to interacting with the others.

After a little bit I decide that I want to go on patrol, I need to clear my mind but I can't do that here. There is to much stuff going on. I look over my shoulder at the hall and Mr Stark must get the hint.

"You want to go to your room?" He asks and I nod a little. He laughs a little and grins. "You don't have to ask, go ahead. You look tired." Mr Stark points out and I nod, moving to put my bowl back into the sink.

"He was up early so that might be it," Mr Bucky mentions and looks to Mr Steve before me. We both nod and I wash my bowl with some water before putting it down. I shoot them all a smile and wave a little before leaving the room.

Once I get to the room I lay in the bed and stare at the ceiling for a few minutes before taking a deep breath. I get up and look around the room, finding my duffel bag on the other side of my desk and I check outside the door. I'll leave a note saying that I'm exploring the building, that should be good enough of an excuse.

I quickly put my clothes from before away and then go to change into my suit. I look into the mirror and cringe when I see that my ribs clearly stick out. It's not noticeable when I wear clothes of my suit but standing her shirtless I look small and skinny. I shake my head and change into my suit.

I go to windows and unlock it, pushing it open with a small smile on my face. It is easy to get out which is great. I look back at the room again and feel slightly bad about lying to them but shake it off. I have my duties.

I swing through the trees and find a semi truck which is moving towards the highway which leads to the city and I sneak inside of it. I look around, leaving the back door open slightly and within twenty minutes I'm in the city and I break out again. I listen to the driver talking to some dude saying that he'll be back for the truck in a couple hours. Good, that gives me time.

~

Originally Written: 12/03/19
Republished / Rewritten: 10/14/20
Proofread By: Caitlin A.