23: Outside Influence

~~~The Beauty Sen Jia

As Sen Jia worked on altering the device's power consumption, he felt more and more apprehensive over the direction the story had taken.

{Seventh...this mechanism being here is not in the story description. Nothing is following the general plot since Shuai was taken. I even had to find little Shuai's location from some sect thug.} 

If Sen Shuai hadn't told him he was at Mount Taihang, Sen Jia's not sure he could have found him. It was as if his senses had been dulled. He could contact Shuai and even sense if he was physically ok, but he couldn't find a direction. 

Sen Jia had assumed it was some cultivation trick but seeing this seal he wasn't so sure anymore. The uneasy feeling of Shuai being specifically targeted was growing in his heart.

He cursed himself for not increasing Shuai's access to his system. Or teaching him a bit of how to use it. If Shuai had some system technician knowledge he could create an opening for himself at least. 

{This tech doesn't belong here at all. The more I look the more it seems like a parasitic device leaching power from this realm. Scan it Seventh.}  

[Administrater is correct, the device is connected to a sealed pocket of space. There is one source drawing any power it can reach from within the sealed space.]

{Identify this source.}

[Unable to identify from outside the space.]

Could it be drawing cultivators to steal their Qi force? If so why any interest in Shuai? He still has the strongest soul in this world but his Qi channels and core are destroyed. 

Sen Jia wasn't worried about handling the cultivators that had taken Sen Shuai but this unknown entity had him nervous.

{Little Shuai, how's the pocket dimension? Anything suspicious? Stay far away from any seals. I'll be there very soon.}

(Jia, don't touch the seal!)

{It's ok Shuai I know how it works. I've already been modifying it.}

(This space is full of the stillness of death. There is nothing.)

{There is one thing there somewhere, it's what took the energy from the cultivators. It must be what drew your father and the rest in.}

(They do nothing but argue. There is no clear direction.)

{Good, maybe they won't have time to find it before I do.}

It only took Sen Jia a short time to alter the conduits, but his anxiety grew with every breath. He wouldn't be able to relax until Sen Shuai was returned to his side.

{Thoroughly scan everything as soon as we enter Seventh.}

Sen Jia grit his teeth activated the device and boldly entered the pocket of space. 

~~~The Villain, Sen Shuai, Song Min

Sen Shuai thought it over a bit. 

Sen Jia is a miraculous doctor that brought him back from the edge of death. Jia was able to communicate through a jade scroll and then switched to the jade loops. It wasn't as though either was a special artifact, the loops had been created by that little girl after all. Now Jia was familiar with this mysterious seal the Song Clan had been researching obsessively. 

His Sen Jia is a man of hidden depths.

It seems he didn't have to be so worried about Jia being hurt by his father after all. 

Sen Shuai felt it would be good for them to spend some time slowly getting to know each other more if they got the chance.