27| Surprise!

Life catches you by surprise. It always does.
But there's good mixed in with the bad.
It's there. You just have to recognize it.

Adalynn's POV

Today is Ashton's birthday, and I'm planning a surprise birthday party. My job is to ensure he doesn't go to his base until everything is set up.

I approach my and Ashton's parents and ask, "Are you sure he doesn't suspect anything?"

"For sure." His mom says reassuringly.

"He's never had a surprise party, so I'm sure he won't expect it." His dad says.

"Okay. I have to go check on some things." I say, looking at the time.

I have some people decorating the place and others picking up food orders. I walk into the kitchen and see Zane and Ella decorating the cake.

I leave the base to pick up Ashton, and he thinks I'm taking him out to go bowling. You suck at bowling. I know! He says he's amazing at it, so I suggested it.

I drive up to his house and ring the doorbell. The door opens, and I see my boyfriend ready to go.

"Happy birthday!" I say, jumping into his arms.

He expects this and secures his hold around my thighs. "Thank you." He says, kissing my neck.

I move to give him more access and ask, "Ready to lose in bowling?"

He smirks against my neck and murmurs, "I should be asking you that." He pulls away from my neck and brushes his lips against mine. He places me back on the ground, and we walk toward my car.

After buckling up, my phone pings with a text.

💎 Main Bitch 💎:

Emergency

Omw

I start the car and ask, "Can we make a quick stop at your base? I have to give Ella something, and she says it's an emergency..."

He raises an eyebrow and asks, "Why is she there?"

"When is she not with Zane?" I counter.

He chuckles and says, "True. That guy is whipped."

I park near the base, and we step out of the car. Ashton opens the door, and all of the lights are off. "Why is it so dark?" He asks.

Someone flips the lights on, and we shout, "Surprise!"

Ashton is shocked but then recovers with a smile. "You all did this for me?" He asks.

"Technically, your girlfriend forced us to. But sure, we did it for you." Someone says.

I snort and say, "Lies! You all were excited to be included in a secret."

Everyone starts splitting into their groups to eat outside. An hour later, Ella and Zane bring out the cake. They place it on a table, and people gather around. Zane lights the candles, and everyone starts singing.

"Make a wish!" I say excitedly. He grabs ahold of my hand and blows out the candles.

While people start passing out plates, Ashton whispers into my ear, "Thanks for planning this. This is the best birthday I've ever had."

I shrug and say, "No problem. I love you." He presses his lips against mine and pulls me closer.

"Ugh, get a room." I hear Ella say. We pull away and flip her off. I serve Ashton the first slice, and then people start eating.

We sit down at a table and start eating the cake. After we finish, we get up to throw away our trash. "I have something for you..." I say, smiling.

"What?" He asks over the loud music.

I pull him into an empty area inside and hand him an envelope. He reads the piece of paper and smiles. "You got me AJR tickets?" He asks.

I nod, and he says, "Thank you!"

"You're wel-" I say before he cuts me off with a kiss. He picks me up, and I giggle against his lips.

"I love you." He murmurs.

"I know." I tease.

We hear multiple gunshots and immediately separate. Ashton opens a drawer in the room and pulls out two guns. He hands me a glock 20, and we head toward the noise.

We arrive near the front door and see Tristian holding a gun. "Surprise!" He says, emotionless.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

I hope you liked this chapter! 😅

I hope you stay for the next chapter! ❤️

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋