2: The land of night

The celebration was unlike anything the kingdom of Pyracea had ever seen. It was a grand festival where people were dancing, singing, drinking, and cheering for their prince for defeating the crown prince of their enemy kingdom. Every street and corner in Death Valley; the capital of Pyracea decorated with red paper lanterns and every citizen had their heart filled with bliss because of the magnificent victory of their motherland.

The princess of Pyracea, Tiara Lamperogue dressed in a satin black gown with silver flowers embroidered on the shoulders stood on the balcony witnessing the grand celebration. The festivity marked a historic day for her realm but not even a hint of joy could be spotted on her delicate face

"Won't you join the celebration, princess?" Lord Park Jimin clad in darkish attire leaned against the balcony on his back. He crossed his arms over his chest examining the blank face of his princess.

Park Jimin, son of the head of the high council of Pyracea was a Pyraculapus; half vampire and half werewolf. His father was an Alpha Werewolf and his mother was pure a blooded vampire. Due to his hybrid blood and ability to mold two core elements of nature, Jimin was considered the most powerful warrior in all three realms. He was the commander of the Second Battalion for the land of Dark, the army of highly trained knights with noble bloodlines.

"Some have lost their parents, some have lost their sons, some their brothers, some their lovers. Where is the happiness lord Jimin, where is the reason for the celebration?" She gazed into her childhood friend's eyes.

"Flowers cannot bloom in the land covered in ashes of war. These momentary celebrations are nothing but a delusion to me" Knowing there was no end to the animosity between two realms until one would perish, Tiara could neither calm her heart nor bring some peace to her mind.

"If not for anything celebrate this win for your brother. You are the princess of this realm. What will the elders say if you don't join the celebration?" Jimin tried to convince her as he knew how the elders would react in her absence. Due to her distinct sense of justice and conflicting beliefs, she was already considered to be an eyesore so rejecting the grand celebrations would only add fuel to the flame.

Tiara shook her head and strictly denied, "Let them think whatever they want, I have fulfilled my part by going to the war and tainting my hand with the blood of innocents," her heart sank into a deep pit as she recalled all the death caused by her own hands.

Guilt boiled inside of her and the sudden urge to puke her guts out overwhelmed her. Covering her mouth, she swallowed her remorse as a drop of tear escaped from her eyes which was caught by Jimin before it could touch the dirt.

"If we won't kill them, they will kill us and our loved ones" he sighed folding his fingers into a fist to preserve her tears. "Therefore to protect what is precious to us, we need to do what we have to do" Jimin's voice was an octave lower, and when he unclasped his fits a shining teal crystal was on the center of his palm.

"I know" Tiara gave him a painful smile and reached out her hand to take the crystal back but before she could Jimin gave her a faint smile and shoved the crystal into his pocket.

"Well, at least we can complain about war while living a luxurious life, think about the poor people. They end up being collateral damage" Jimin reminded Tiara of the sad reality of their world.

"In the world filled with so much hatred, it's the weak and innocents that suffer the most" she agreed, stopping in middle to force back the tears that had welled up in her eyes."I wish I could help them, I wish I could protect them all, I wish for this nightmare to end"

Jimin's eyes went soft listening to her. As the only princess of their nation, she continuously fulfilled her duties by keeping her personal beliefs and feelings aside.  However, Jimin was aware of the anguish she had hidden inside of her heart to be "Titania of the Pyracea".