Happy Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

I had returned home filled with happiness and content. I couldn't have asked for a better day. While lying on my bed, I stared out the window at the night sky.

The stars glistened without a care in the world, a bright representation of everyone's dreams and hopes. I longed for one as well. Now that Shiori and Catherine weren't going to chase me anymore, I needed to have a new goal in mind.

But what would that be? *sigh* I didn't exactly plan out my future. I never expected myself to be free from the fears that always managed to catch me in its tightening grasp.

~The next day~

I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes before turning to my right. I bumped into something that was surprisingly warm. What the hell was this?...

I opened an eye, only to fall back in shock and surprise. Mikleo was beside me. His eyes were closed and I was close enough to hear his gentle breathing.

What was happening here? Since when did he come here? I reached over to move the hair away from his eyes but before I got a chance to pull back, he pulled me in and wrapped his arms around me.

I was frozen in surprise as he leaned his head against mine. His eyes opened before he smiled at me. I was still too shocked to say or do anything.

"Sorry, did I surprise you?" he asked softly.
"O-of course you did."
"I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep and when I tried to call you, you didn't answer. I wanted to see you..."
"*sigh* Well, did you manage to sleep well?"
"Yeah."

I just smiled before getting up. Mikleo pulled the blanket over his head when I opened the window to let the sunlight in. He groaned when I took the blanket away and told him to get up.

"Oi, we don't even have to go to school today. Why do I have to get up?" he whined.
"T-that's because..."
"*smirks* You don't have a reason, do you? Anyway, I want you to go somewhere with me today."
"Go where?"
"On a date."

I immediately blushed at the thought of going out as a couple. Well, I wouldn't exactly mind but this would be my first time on a date. What if I-

Before I got a chance to continue having these worrying thoughts, Mikleo stood up and pulled me into a long kiss. He ruffled my hair and grinned as I tilted my head in confusion.

"It'll be fun, trust me," he exclaimed.

~Some time later~

We walked hand-in-hand as we wandered the streets of the town that had just been renovated. It looked even more amazing than before and today, they were celebrating the opening ceremony.

Something caught my eye, making me pull Mikleo to the store. I looked through the window at the cute accessories that were on display. *sigh* And I didn't have any money to buy these...

"Come on."

Mikleo dragged me into the store before picking out the bow that I had looked at before. He went to the counter to pay.

He smiled as he put it in my hair. I blushed and felt a wave of happiness.

"Now you look even cuter."
"*blushes* T-thank you..."

I tried to hide my face as he smirked in reply.

No one's POV

(Y/n) couldn't contain her happiness as Mikleo took her to look at the sea. The water was the colour of sapphires, a beautiful gemstone that shone brightly under the sun.

"It's beautiful," she commented softly.
"Yeah.."

But he wasn't focusing on the ocean, but on the girl that stood beside him with a gentle smile on her face. He reached out to pull her closer before leaning in to kiss her.

A slow, deep melody started playing on the violin. The area was filled with the street performer's calming music.

"Yo Mikleo! (Y/n)!" Sorey called out as he walked towards the two.
"What are you doing here?" Mikleo asked.
"Come on, I wouldn't want to miss the opening ceremony. I brought Yuma along too."

Sorey moved aside and shoved Yuma forward. He stumbled before regaining his balance. A glare was sent towards Sorey, who simply smiled as if nothing had happened.

"Let's go down to the beach!" Sorey exclaimed while pulling all three of his friends along.

They sighed before letting their energetic friend drag them down to the water. But since Sorey and Yuma were the only ones who had brought swimmers, Mikleo and (Y/n) simply stood by the shore.

That was, until Yuma accidentally splashed them with water. Well, the water didn't exactly reach them. Mikleo had manipulated it to go back towards the sea.

That was when he controlled a huge wave to fall on top of the two boys that were attempting to drag them to sea. (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at the boys' hopeless fight over something so small.

"Come on, let's go back," Mikleo said while grabbing (Y/n)'s hand.
"You two aren't going anywhere," Yuma replied while pulling on (Y/n)'s sleeve.

While chasing each other, the time passed by like the wind. It flew by faster than any of them would've expected before the sun finally set, casting the sky in a moonlit glow.

Even though all four of them had gotten wet from playing in the ocean, they were happy...happy to be by each other's side.

Mikleo leaned down to rest his forehead against (Y/n)'s before whispering the words that were meant for her and no one else.

"I love you," he said in a low tone.
"I love you too," replied the girl who had blushed deeply at the sudden confession.

Fireworks went off in the night sky, indicating the start of the opening ceremony for the renovated town.

"Come on, guys! Let's go!" Sorey exclaimed excitedly.

The others all smiled at each other before running off towards the city, where they'd be able to make happy memories to treasure within their hearts.