4: Spring

They both screamed at the top of their lungs as they fell down the cliff but instead of hitting the rock bottom, they plunged into cold water. They both gasped desperately for oxygen huffing and puffing as they emerged from underneath the water, swimming towards the shore of the lake.

"How dare you bite me when I was trying to save you?" yelling at her Taehyung pushed Tiara down and she fell down in the water on her butt.

"How dare you call me fat? If it was possible I would have bit off your hand for body shaming me" She kicked his leg from underwater.

"Are you crazy?" he yelled finding her reason ridiculous.

"Are you blind?" she countered back standing on her feet.

However before they could get into a full-fledged fight, they ceased noticing their surroundings. Somehow, they managed to reach the most beautiful and breathtaking site they had ever seen. 

The place was filled with different colors and varieties of exotic beautiful flowers glistening like glitters has been sprinkled over them. The trees had rainbow-colored leaves making them more mesmerizing and small fireflies added the finishing touch to their beauty.

'Spring' was as beautiful as her mother had described it to be.

Tiara smiled to herself realizing why her mother would say one must be brave enough to leap to find Spring

Tiara smiled to herself realizing why her mother would say one must be brave enough to leap to find Spring. She recalled how she didn't get any echo when she screamed. The place was right before her on that cliff but was invisible to her eyes.

"There must be some spell making the place invisible to people and only by jumping off the cliff we could reach there." She thought to herself.

After she made it out of the pond, Tiara started to wander around the place smiling like an idiot.

"Yah Silver spoon" She turned to the guy behind her who was still rooted on his spot with his jaw wide open, awestruck by the beauty of the place.

"Thank me for taking you to the most beautiful place in the entire three realms" saying that she gave him a vibrant smile causing something to stir within him. Maybe because in his realm, a lady was raised to be soft-spoken, and elegant, and most girls he met would not even dare to look directly into his eyes.  Most women he interacted with were like delicate porcelain which would stain just with a touch. 

But the girl before her was just completely opposite of what he was used to. No doubt she was rude but the way she carried herself still resonated with elegance and the fire of mischief burning in her twinkling orbs felt so refreshing.

"Calm down idiot" he internally scolded himself and made his way out of the pond.

"How did we reach here?" he scratched his head wandering his eyes all over the beautiful place. Taehyung and Baekhyung grew up hearing stories of the place that was so beautiful but unreachable from his uncle. Using the map his uncle gave him, he had been to the cliff numerous times in search of spring but never succeeded to discover it until today.

"It was right in front of our eyes but a spell made it invisible" she explained hoping he would understand.

"Were you searching for this place running away from your home?" He asked ruffling his hair to exert excess water.

"That's none of your business and who told you I ran away from my home in the first place?" she turned around and asked him putting her hand on her hips. Taehyung simply shrugged his shoulder and walked past her, ignoring her question.

"Yah silver spoon" she called him again.

"I have a name" He hissed at her and she let out an adorable giggle.

"What's your name?" She asked jogging to reach beside him. Taehyung halted his steps unable to answer her question. He was not in the position to reveal himself, therefore, he decided it was best to lie.

"Tae" saying that he cleared his throat.

"I'm Tia" Tiara replied with a pleasant smile on her face. 

"Not at all pleased to meet you," Taehyung said with a smug smile on his face and unexpectedly Tiara smacked him again.

"Arrogant brat" she hissed like a kitten and gestured to poke his eyes with her two fingers before sprinting away from him. He was momentarily stunned by her action but soon composed himself and chuckled on his own.

"Yah wait let's go together" He took long strides to reach beside her.

Till the sun went down, they strolled around exploring the place that was like a treasure to both of them. The river that passed through the spring was sparkling, the flowers were twinkling and the bird sang a melody that softly shore through the atmosphere.

In the middle of the spring stood a huge tree that glowed pink, illuminating the entire site even when the sun had bid its bye for the day and sank into the horizon. Resting their back against the bark of the tree, they remained in silence listing to the song of twilight sung by the birds.

"What are you thinking?" Taehyung questioned Tiara noticing she was deeply engrossed in her thoughts.

"I just realized this was the only place in the world that is free from war, violence, and pain." She spoke softly playing with the grass. Taehyung nodded his head but decided not to speak.

The war between the Pyracea and Euphoria had badly affected the Land of mortals as well. Only a few selected nobles were living a good life in the human land and every other commoner had to live a life of misery being sacrificed in the name of the war.

"Don't you ever wonder how the world would be if there was no war?" Tiara questioned Taehyung looking deeply into his eyes.

"I never thought about it" He replied truthfully. Being a prince, he was only focused on defeating his enemy and bringing glory to his Nation. He had always wondered how it would be to win the war but never wonder how the world would be without any wars.

"I always do. I always dream of a world where a person can freely roam around without worrying about his safety, where one can love another despite coming from different background or place, the world with only peace and love" She closed her eyes and lay on the grass facing the sky as she drifted to her imagination.

Taehyung chuckled in amusement listening to her innocent talk "That is only possible if one of the Kingdom wins the war. " He spoke laying down in the grass beside her.

"There is no guarantee of peace after the victory Tae, As long as there are hatred and difference there will always be war" Taehyung turned his head to Tiara. She looked breathtakingly beautiful with her wet hair cascading down her shoulder, soft full pink lips, and slightly rosy cheeks.

Tiara turned her head as well to face him."The victory of one of those kingdoms only ensures the downfall of others, nothing else. No matter who wins there will be no gain, no happiness, there will just be momentary satisfaction, death, loss, and pain."

She gave him a painful smile and then averted her gaze toward the clear blue sky.

"In such case, everyone should disappear for peace" Taehyung joked making Tiara hiss at his conclusion.

"There must be another way" she whispered.

"And I will find that way," she thought to herself.