four - "the eight rules of fight club"

"Class dismissed

"Class dismissed."

My final teacher of the day says and a few girls let out a sigh of admiration. Sure, he was hot but I'm pretty sure he was married because he had a ring on his finger. I roll my eyes as a blonde girl waves flirtatiously over to him as she leaves.

I text Britt on my phone, wondering if she can meet up as I slowly make my way up to my dorm. As I finish off my text and hit send, I bump into someone, knocking my phone out of my hand.

We both apologise quickly and reach down to grab my phone at the same time. The person hands it me and I thank them, looking up to see who it was.

Of course, Thomas stood there with a grin.

"Hey," he says and I give him a small smile, feeling nervous. I didn't have the confidence for alcohol to talk to him this time.

"Hi," I say and I'm surprised with how loud my voice is, compared to my usual quiet voice when I'm around him. He was wearing a grey shirt too tight for his body, as it clung to him.

"I was just thinking about you," he smiles down at me and my wavering eyes look up from his chest to his eyes with a confused look. "I haven't seen you since the party, and I'd really like to get to know you. You seem like a cool girl."

"I—we could—uh—yeah."

"Yeah?" He laughs, confused.

"Yeah, I'd love to get to know you, too," I clarify, trying to calm myself down. Thomas wants to get to know me."

"When are you free next?"

I look down at my phone. Britt hasn't replied and Brad knows I've finished class so he'll be leaving soon.

"I'm free now, actually," I smile. "I'm gonna dump some stuff off in my room and then we can do whatever you want?"

"Yeah, we can meet some of my friends?"

"Sounds like a plan."

He follows me up to my dorm room and I don't miss the chuckle he gets when he sees my room number and I roll my eyes with a smile of my own. I walk in and Brad's putting on his shoes.

"I'm going out now, you don't need to attack me," he says as soon as the door is open.

"It's fine, you can stay if you want," I sling my backpack on my bed. It was full of some coursework and books I needed to read. "I'm gonna go out with some friends."

"Did you say friends?" He asks and I look at him unamused while he smirks. He slips off his shoes. "As in plural."

I raise my eyebrows, "your head is too big for your body and your curls make you look ugly and there's nothing you're ever going to be able to do about it."

"Oof, that one really hurt my feelings," he says sarcastically as he sits on his bed, messaging someone on his phone with a slight smirk. "But you can leave now. Bye."