~Seventy~

A/N: Hello my loves! <3 Here is a new chapter for you xx

"Daddy, please don't go," Piper begged Harry with her blue eyes big and sad, "stay with us."

Harry sighed. "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but I have to go," he then crouched down to her height and gave her a soft, sad smile, "I'll be back in a few weeks, though."

Piper sniffled and threw her arms around Harry's neck – hugging him tightly and burying her face into his shoulder. I heard Harry sigh again – a little more shakily this time – and I saw him close his eyes as he hugged her back.

"I'll miss you so much, Piper," he murmured to her.

"I'll miss you too..." Piper whimpered as they pulled away.

"You be a good girl, OK? Look after your mummy, and your little brother or sister while I'm gone. You promise?" He smiled at her again.

Piper was too upset to smile back, but she still nodded all the same.

Harry's smile grew, and he leaned forward to gently kiss her forehead.

"I love you," he told her after he pulled away, and that was finally enough to make her smile.

"I love you too, daddy," she replied softly.

He kissed Piper one last time before he rose to his feet – turning towards me and taking me in his arms. My eyes felt wet as I felt his arms wrapping around my shoulders – and I closed my eyes and rested my head against his chest as I held him close – taking time to breathe in the scent of his cologne that had become so familiar to me. A scent that I wouldn't be able to smell again for another four weeks.

"Four weeks suddenly feels like a lifetime away..." I heard him sniffle as he grazed his lips across the top of my head.

"I know..." I let out a long, shaky sigh and lowered my eyes as we pulled away, "but...we're gonna be OK, yeah?" I tried to smile at him.

He smiled back faintly. "Yeah. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna miss you any less."

"I know, H..." I sighed again, "it doesn't mean I'll miss you any less, either."

"You make sure you relax, OK?" He told me, "Don't overwork yourself with anything. You just focus on taking care of our little peanut," his smile grew.

My smile grew as well. "I will. Promise," I crossed my finger over my heart – causing Harry to quietly chuckle, "and I'm sure our peanut wants to say goodbye, too."

I patted my baby bump gently, inviting Harry to say something – and he chuckled again before he crouched down so that his face was level with my tummy.

"Hello, little miracle," he cupped my bump in one hand and began to rub it tenderly, "happy 14-week anniversary," I heard his voice wobble a little, "I'm so sorry I have to go, but I promise I'll be back really soon. And when I do come back, it'll hopefully be to finally find out if you're a boy or a girl," he smiled warmly, "in the meantime, you just keep on growing, OK?" he leaned forward and pressed a loving kiss to the bump, "Daddy loves you so, so much."

I broke out a soft, affectionate smile of my own as he finally rose to his feet. He then took me by the wait and pressed his lips to mine – and I could feel his fingers in my hair as he kissed me deeply.

"And I love you so fucking much..." he murmured to me – too quietly for Piper to hear, "I'm going to think about you every day."

"I'll think about you too, Haz," I told him softly, "every minute of every day."