Chapter 45

"But I was just trying to-" Luke stopped himself in the middle of yet another rant regarding my actions towards him when he heard my phone ringing. I glanced down at the caller, unsure if I should pick it up or not or hear what Luke was going on about again.

I sighed, "It's my mom, I should probably answer." I told him. He gave me an understanding nod and I picked up, unsure of why my mom would be calling so late at night. It was 10 o'clock at night here and 1am over there.

"Hello?" I greeted her as I heard shuffling around on the other line.

"Autumn?" She said, as if she was trying to get me to confirm that it was me who picked up.

"Yeah, is everything alright?" I asked her. I got a worried look from Luke who was sitting across the couch from me. We were waiting for Calum to come home from getting a few groceries so we could basically have a lazy night and watch movies and fill up on junk food.

"I'm guessing you haven't heard?" My heart sped up at her words and I shifted in my seat.

"What? What's going on?" I hurriedly questioned.

"Autumn, it's nothing bad." She laughed and I quickly calmed myself. "I just need to know if you can be home next weekend." She said.

"Next weekend?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. I glanced over to Luke who seemed to be listening in to what I was saying. "I guess, yeah." I told her.

"Bring Luke too, he'll want in on this."

"Mom, why do I need to be home?" I asked again, changing the topic off of Luke. I didn't want to focus anymore on my thoughts of him. I had a plan to talk to him once we get back home so I didn't make a scene like I did whenever I left home by myself and I didn't want to talk about it at the wrong time. Or spill it to my mother, obviously.

"You'll see!" She laughed once more, obviously more humored by this weird secret than I was. She didn't do this much, she liked to put everything out there, but this was one of those weird exceptions.

I sighed, "You have me all freaked out for nothing." I muttered, chewing on my bottom lip as she responded back.

"I'm sorry, just enjoy your trip, alright?" She replied. I told her I would of course and we exchanged our goodbyes and I set my phone back down on the table in front of me.

I groaned as tried to get comfortable on the couch without having to cuddle up to Luke to much. He seemed to get the memo that I wasn't in the mood to be so touchy feely and I'm glad he caught on quick or else, knowing me with a bad temper, I'd probably just yell at him for something extremely dumb and make things worse.

Luke seemed clueless. I know that he knew what he had done at that stupid party since every time someone had brought something up about it he just changed the subject.

He could've been drunk or (hopefully not) on some type of drug and just completely not have known what he was doing. As much as I thought about the possibilities of it not being him, it all seemed to come back down to the factor that I was told he was walking upstairs with a girl. And that girl with red hair stopping me and telling me he was in there with another girl just kept replaying in my head.

"Autumn?" Luke's soft voice broke my thoughts. "Are you alright?" He asked, giving me a worried look.

I nodded quickly, tucking my knees into my chest to get some warmth. I sat there for a few moments, letting the dialogue from a 90s movie fill the empty air. I was suddenly hit by something rather soft and I looked down at my feet to see a blanket laying there.

I peered up at Luke who had a thin smile on his face. It was one of those goofy ones he did when he did that made him look like a little kid. I shook my head at him, grabbing the blanket at my feet.