14. Hugs in the elevator

"I like you, Hazel.", Xavier said, the blue in his irises hypnotizing me, rendering me unable to speak.

We were standing in an isolated portion of a jungle, with a beautiful lake in the background, creating a perfect setting for a romantic outing. The sound of birds chirping and water flowing was feeling like soft music against my eardrums as I watched at his flawless face.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have met. I love hearing your sarcastic remarks, I love watching in these alluring, green orbs of yours, I love spending every minute with you.", He said, cupping my cheeks, turning me into a hyperventilating mess.

Not knowing what to do, I closed my eyes, relishing in his sweet touch.

"Hazel.", He said in his melodious voice.

"Hmmm."

"Hazel.", He repeated, a bit louder.

"Hmmm."

"Hazel.", This time, the voice was accompanied with a pat on my shoulder. I groggily opened my eyes and found myself in the car, with Xavier waving his hand in front of me with concern.

Why the hell was I dreaming about him?

"What the hell happened?", I asked in confusion.

"You were muttering some incoherent words in your sleep.", He explained.

Oh that.

"I was dreaming about Sean O'Pry.", I lied and he narrowed his eyes at me as if I was some sort of stupid. Slumping back in his seat, he revved the car and we continued our journey.

After I had cried my heart out, I expected him to make fun of me but he didn't bring up that topic again. I was both mentally and emotionally exhausted after my break down so I succumbed to sleep a little after.

We drove past a sign board which showed 10 km distance from Red Rock. An uncomfortable feeling set in the pit of my stomach as I realized that once we have found Alex and Anna, we would go on our separate ways.

My eyes turned to him on their own as I committed each of his feature to my memory. His Auburn hair which turns into a lighter shade of brown in sunlight, his long lashes, his eyes which resembles Mediterranean Sea, blue with flecks of green running around, his straight nose, thin lips, his sharp jaw that looked like it was moulded with granite, few very light freckles sprinkled on his cheek.

"You are staring again.", His voice broken the spell.

"Umm.. I- I wasn't.", I stuttered, making an idiot of myself.

"If you say so.", He teased and my cheeks started to heat. The dream ran through my mind again and I bit my lips to stop myself from saying something I would regret later.

When we entered the premises of our destination, he stepped out of the car and dialed a number. From the distance, I could hear him bickering with someone on the phone.

After few minutes, he seated back in car and started the engine.

"What happened?", I asked but he didn't bother to reply. His brows were creased and there was annoyance written clearly on his face.

I knew better than to argue with him, given the sour look on his face. He stopped the car in front of a grand hotel.

Closing the door of his side with a loud bang, he walked to my side and opened the door.

"Follow me.", He said, not bothering to spare me a glance.

Is he PMSing or what?

Reaching the receptionist, he booked a room. Ignoring the daggers I was shooting at him, he picked up the key and stepped into the elevator. After muttering few curses under my breath, I followed him into the elevator.

"What crawled up your a** and died?", I spat. Thankfully, the elevator was empty.

"Their phones were last tracked in this hotel.", He gritted through his clenched teeth, giving me a hard glare.

"Your brother, he is taking advantage of my sister. God knows what he is doing with her.", He roared, balling his fists at his sides.

"We don't know anything for sure.", I retorted, matching his glare with my own.

Even though I was slightly terrified of the way the veins of his neck were popping, I didn't allow it to show on my face.

Our eyes were locked together and I haven't realized before how close we were standing. I could feel the warmth radiation off his body, little goosebumps we're starting to appear on my skin.

After few moments of our glaring contest, his eyes softened and he heaved. Creating some distance between us, he lowered his head and started whispering.

"She is my little sister, Hazel. I love her more than anything in the world.", He sounded exhausted, the fear of losing his sister was evident from his voice.

Without much contemplation, I walked closer to him and hugged him, comforting him the same way he comforted me earlier.

His body stiffened for a second but soon, he relaxed and buried his face in the crook of my neck. His minty breath was tickling my skin, sending a small shiver down my spine but I ignored it.

Now was not the time, Hazel.

The lift stopped at our floor and he led me to a room. The room was double the size of the room in which we spent the last night.

"We need to stay in this hotel in order to find them out." He said, slumping on the bed and opening the upper two buttons of his crisp black shirt, giving me the perfect view of his toned chest.

Calm your raging hormones, pervert. I scolded myself.

Throwing the duffel bag on the couch, I sat down on the bed beside him. My back was aching due to sitting in the car for the whole day. The tired expressions on Xavier's face showed that his condition was just as bad.

"I don't have anything to wear. All my clothes are dirty.", I mumbled, my voice dripping with exhaustion.

"Take something from my bag.", He suggested, without bothering to open his eyes.

Taking a pajama and white button-up shirt from his bag, I took a quick shower. After changing into his clothes, I inhaled. His masculine smell enveloped me, creating a warm, fuzzy sensation in my stomach.

As soon as I walked, his pajama dropped down to my feet. Guess I was too small for it. After much thinking, I tiptoed back to the room, holding the hem of pajamas with my hand.

Thankfully, he was in deep sleep. I checked my bag again but the only thing I found was my briefs, one denim pant and some used clothes.

No way in hell I was wearing my dirty clothes again and denim was a big no. So, I took the briefs to the bathroom and changed into them.

I would wake up before him in the morning and change into something. He wouldn't even notice.

Saying this to myself, I lay down on the bed, creating a barrier in the middle of the bed with some pillows and buried myself in the blanket.

**********************

Time for some Wattpad cliche
*Wiggles eyebrows*

Suggest a cast for hazel and Xavier.
I am not planning to add it in the story but it would be nice to know how you imagine them