Twenty-One

Jungkook shot his eyes open and saw nothing but darkness. He turned his head to where the moonlight came from. It was a bedroom window, but it wasn't his. That's when it clicked. It was yours.

His breath still shaky and with tears in his eyes he turned to his left and saw you. You were in a deep slumber, not a thing could awaken you, or so he thought.

He turned his back to you and sobbed in silence. He thought it was real. He thought you left him.

It was all a nightmare.

But god, did it hurt. His chest felt heavy and the difficulty to breathe increased. Jungkook closed his eyes and tried to sleep through this.

But he couldn't and only continued to sob.

The person he loved the most had just betrayed him. The only thing that could calm him down was telling himself that it was only a nightmare.

But you awakened.

You opened your eyes when you heard him sob. You stayed still as he uncontrollably cried. You snuck your hands between his hand and his waist, hugging it and embracing him.

He grabbed your hand tightly afraid to let go, as if you would disappear any second. That was his greatest fear when it came to you.

To lose you. To never see you again, he's afraid that this might all be a dream and you never really existed. But you're here right now, and that soothes him in a way.

"What's wrong, baby?" You asked, your voice a bit groggily as you had just awakened.

Jungkook turned to face you, tears still trailing down his cheeks. He pulled you to his chest and hugged you tightly, not wanting to let go.

You hugged him back, holding him, as if he was the most fragile thing in the world... and to you, he was. "Did you have a nightmare?" You spoke once again since you didn't get a response the first time.

You felt Jungkook nod his head as a yes. You wondered what could make him cry this much. Was it his aunt? His dad? It didn't matter, at least not now. You wanted to deliver that feeling of safety to him. Not sure how, you separated a little from him and pulled yourself away from his embrace ready to ask him questions.

He pulled you to him again but he now put his face on the crook of your neck, your neck now getting slightly wet because of his tears.

"I don't want to talk." He mumbled, and you somehow managed to understand him. You nodded and played with his hair, slowly making him fall back to sleep in your arms.

Jungkook felt safe. He felt better, and that always happened when he was with you and only you. No one else could make him feel like that, he didn't now why or how, but it didn't matter. He felt loved, appreciated— he felt important.

"I love you." He managed to say as he drifted to a deep slumber.

"I love you too." You responded, but Jungkook didn't hear as he was already asleep.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Just to clarify: The previous chapter was Jungkook's nightmare

Just to clarify: The previous chapter was Jungkook's nightmare. So it DID NOT happen. I managed to write this real quick, I have less time to write because of school.

Anyways,

Stream IDOL

Goodnight ❤️