6

The light shining through the small opening of my curtain seemed too bright.

I was afraid to look at the time.

Maybe I had slept my birthday away.

I grabbed my phone off the night stand next to my bed and closed my eyes, truly hoping I had actually slept through my birthday.

2pm. Fuck me.

I groaned, kicking at my sheets like a child. "Fuck!" I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I couldn't hear Harry outside and I wondered if maybe he had left the house for today.

At least to give me some peace.

I stumbled into the bathroom, climbing into the shower and letting the warm water sooth my tense muscles.

My thoughts wandered to my mom, who was probably getting a massage by some Jamaican hottie while I'm stuck here with Satan, her boyfriend.

I made sure to shave every part of my body that needed to be hairless for my date with Liam.

If you thought I was planning to lose my virginity on my birthday, you were right.

My walk to the kitchen, after getting dressed, was like a horror movie scene.

"Harry?" I called out, my head peeking into the living room where he usually sits. I could see his hair sticking up as he layed on the sofa.

My heart began to pound when he stood up, eyes widening when he saw me. "I um...I didn't hear you get up." He scrated the back of his neck awkwardly.

We stood there for a minute, just looking at each other.

My mom's boyfriend. Fuck shit dammit.

"I'm going out today. Don't try to stop me. Don't come around me. Don't look at me. Just don't, Harry." I said sternly. My voice was firm for someone who was shaking on the inside.

He shook his head weakly, parting his lips as if to speak.

I don't know what I wanted to hear, but anything was better than the noise that followed. His ringtone.

"Hey Kris." He looked up at me, worry flashing over his face.

He hadn't called my mom Kris in years. It was always pet names.

"No, we're fine. Here, I'll let you talk to her." He passed me the phone, my mom probably wanting to wish me a Happy birthday.

Harry's eyes were fixed on the phone as I brought it up to my ears. "Thanks mom. Yeah, I'm actually about to get dressed." I smiled, not going into much detail. "Dinner with Liam." I instantly glance up at Harry, watching his features harden.

After I hang up the phone, I handed it to Harry, who hadn't spoken a word to me.

He seemed to be waiting for me to exit the room or at least say something but I only granted one of those wishes; I left.

I pressed my back against my room door and let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding in.

Harry fucking Styles. What a fucking headache.

My mom's phone call made all the guilt I've been trying to hide, resurface like a wave of nausea.

I decided to do my makeup, or at least try to do my makeup but my shaking hand kept ruining my winged liner.

After looking semi decent, I grabbed the nude dress that Harry and I had bought at the boutique.

Memories of when Harry confessed his feelings? Lust? Whatever it is he confessed, came to my mind.

It was hard not to think of him while getting dressed when he's the one who paid for the damn thing.

The dress was a definite confidence booster, hugging my curves in the right places.

Tonight was the night.

My phone buzzed and Liam's name decorated my screen. "Be there in 15, beautiful."

I smiled. I'd be fine tonight.

Leaving my room and having to face Harry seemed like the most difficult part.

"Hi." He spoke, setting his tea down as I entered the kitchen.

"I'm simply informing you that I'm leaving." I didn't even look at him, but I could feel his eyes travel my body.

"You look beautiful Caity." He walked around the counter, standing infront of me. I had no choice but to look up at him. "This hostility is killing me." He spoke after a few seconds of silence.

I licked my lips, my chest rising heavily. He couldn't keep doing this to me.

"Harry, we can't do this. I don't know what got into you but please." I whimpered, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Don't do that. Don't do that with your hair. Don't look up at me with those eyes. Fuck, Caitlin. You're the biggest sin I've ever committed." His breathing was shallow, almost like a low growl.

I didn't even notice he had backed me up into a wall.

"Harry.." I warned, but I found myself leaning in dangerously.

His lips grazed against mine, almost touching.

But then we heard it, like an annoying alarm set off.

The door bell.

Liam.