Chapter 8

Yujin's POV

It's day five of the month-long schedule and it's now the day we're supposed to teach the 12 other men of Got7 and BTS our choreography. A sense of pride surged through me being able to call the dance "ours" rather than "theirs" knowing I had major involvement in creating it. I also felt honored that I was able to do it alongside such passionate and expert performers; Hoseok and Yugyeom.

I sat in between the aforementioned two as we passed jokes back and forth while waiting inside the JYP practice room for both the groups to arrive. We were broken out of our laughter when the door burst open and a group of 6 entered. I began standing up to greet them but instead was promptly lifted off the ground and swung back and forth in a bone-crushing hug. I chuckled, but it came out more like a weeze.

"Jinnie-ah!" Jackson exclaimed in my ear causing me to wince slightly. He placed me back on my feet and cupped my face in his hands, examining me. "It's been so long! How have you been? Have you been eating? How come you never told us you danced?"

I grinned at the bright guy in front of me and gently removed his hands from my face. "It's only been like a week, Jackson." I let out a brief giggle. "But I've been good, I've been eating, of course, and dancing was never something I thought about too seriously." I lied through my teeth at the last part, but he didn't seem to notice.

Bambam brought me in for a side hug which I accepted. "We've missed you, dude, why don't you ever text in our group chat?"

I shrugged. "I've been busy, plus you guys talk so much. I never have a chance to reply because by the time I see a message, you guys have already moved on to another topic." I then gave him, Yugyeom, Youngjae, and Jackson knowing looks to imply that I was talking about them in particular. Mark, Jaebum, and Jinyoung muttered words of agreement.

Bambam put a hand over his heart and jokingly scrunched his face. "I'm insulted, Yujin. Really, you could try harder." He returned his face to normal with a small smile. "But you're not wrong." I laughed and gave him a fist bump.

I greeted the remaining members meanwhile Hoseok and Yugyeom also joined in, giving everyone a bro-hug. We all sat in a circle, making light conversation as we waited for BTS to arrive. It's well past the time they should have arrived. I noticed Hoseok check his watch with an annoyed expression, so I decided to take initiative.

I stood up from the circle and headed for the corner of the room, angling myself away from the group as I dialed my brother. I pressed my phone to my ear in agitation as it continued to ring.

And ring.

And ring.

What is the point of having a phone if you don't answer it?

I tsked and redialed him, only to have my phone snatched out of my hand.

"Yah!" I whirled around to face the culprit, discovering Bambam with a look of mischief across his face. I reached to grab it, but his long-legged self easily held it beyond my reach. He laughed watching me struggle to hop and grab it. I stomped my foot in irritation. "Give me my phone back." I demanded.

Bambam continued chuckling, using his free hand to pat my head. "Cute. Let's see who you're calling." He then angled my phone screen towards him. "'Genius Snail Man'? Who's that?"

I inwardly cringed at the name, slightly regretting allowing Yoongi to save himself in my contacts. At the moment, however, that was irrelevant. "Bambam. I'm going to count to three. By the time I'm finished, that phone better be in the palm of my hand or so help me I will throttle you." I outstretched my hand, glaring at him.