⠀⠀𝟬𝟵. ❛ HE HAUNTS ME ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒎𝒆 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒎𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 009!

❝ THERE'S NO EVIDENCE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖯𝖨𝖭𝖪 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡    
𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗚𝗢    

     THE EMERALD GREEN TO OCEANIC BLUE BERYL NECKLACE TWINKLED IN THE MOONLIGHT STREAMING THROUGH THE BATHROOM WINDOWS. The crisp edges of the soft, ductile silver metal were prominent against her pale skin. If one were to gaze at the veins on her arms, one would mistake them for the vibrant roots of flowers.

     Blue eyes were something that was portrayed as the perfect eye color in the media. Everyone wanted blue eyes, but not her. She hated her blue eyes. They were an icy blue that caused people to fear her. They were the type of icy blue that drained all colors from one's cheeks and left their fingertips cold to the solid touch.

     Right now, her icy blue eyes contradicted the emerald green necklace that laid perfectly against her neck.

     I struggled to tear my gaze away from my reflection in the bathroom mirror of the Pink Dolphin. The bass of 'She's My Winona' by Fall Out Boy blared through my thoughts, disrupting the ongoing patterns. Laughs and shouts, not to mention the stomps of underage teenagers and adults pretending to be teenagers, could be heard.

     Tonight, I wasn't Cara Valentine. I was Zari Wilkinson. Famous British journalist whose side job was organizing arrangements for different trafficking services. Specifically, drug trafficking. Zari was sealing a deal tonight with a local law firm that was seen as pure and squeaky-clean. They helped those in need and were big on giving back to the community. This deal was the biggest one of my career. If I successfully pulled off this cover and sealed the deal, my rank in the Red Scorpions rise and I would be allowed to visit my father.