Trust

Y'all this chapter's gonna be upsetting... just a warning and enjoy.

"Weasley..." Fudge said to the redhead, sitting at his desk.

"Mr Fudge," Percy stood up.

Fudge closed the door, "This... incident, at the tournament."

"Oh yeah, it's horrible. Grace can barely sleep at night," Percy said.

"Weasley... it was a hoax, a story merely made up by Harry Potter and Dumbledore," Fudge said.

"I don't..."

"Weasley... this isn't the first time Dumbledore has lied to us. Or Harry as well," Fudge said. "The dark lord is dead."

"Oh well, he is..." Percy looked a bit confused.

"I believe you should inform your family of this," Fudge said. "So they don't spread it around."

"They believe Harry though," Percy said.

"Oh I understand, you're going to take the side of the people who treated you different... who made fun of you, just for being ambitious," Fudge said.

"No it's not-"

"It's not your fault, it's not your fault that you were born that way. They've never supported your choices, they've never been proud of you. They think you're different and horrible and they hate you for it. They think you bring shame upon your family," Fudge said. "And of course your father... he hasn't been promoted since you were born. They blame you for them being poor. They think you're a curse, a mistake."

Percy sat down, his mouth was open just a little, his face about as red as his hair. "What about Grace? Surely she'll listen to me... surely she-"

"Grace Potter? Weasley... she's been trying to get information out of you since you got this job," Fudge said. "She's going to always be on Harry's side. Is she close with Dumbledore?"

Percy didn't even answer, he just looked up at Fudge worriedly.

"Exactly. She's been using you, she's been in on this plan from the beginning and she's using you as a pawn," Fudge said. "And right when she thought she was losing you... she pretended to have a baby... which she'd eventually have to 'lose,' because it never existed."

Percy sat in disbelief, "H-how do I know you're not lying?"

"Why would I lie... to my new assistant?" Fudge asked. "I must be off now Weasley, see you on Monday."

"Percy!" Grace exclaimed, meeting him at the door, she hugged him, he didn't hug back. She kissed him quickly on the cheek. "Want some dinner? I saved you some."

"I'm not hungry," he said dully. "Oh... I got promoted."

"Are you serious?" Grace asked. "That's great!"

"Thanks," He said, putting his stuff down.

She walked up to him and whispered in his ear, "Meet me upstairs in 5 minutes... For a little congratulations party."

Percy didn't reply, he just nodded, still looking at his stuff. He looked over at the couch.

"Did you hear that, father?" Percy asked. "I got promoted."

"Oh yes, good job," Arthur said, not looking up from his book. "To what?"

"Mr. Fudges assistant," Percy said proudly.