28| Just kiss me, asshole.

Love can't exist without fear.
If the thought of losing someone doesn't scare the shit out of you, then it's not love.

Adalynn's POV

I knew this fucker didn't leave town. No, you didn't! Ashton protectively stands in front of me, so I peek over his shoulder.

"Thanks for the surprise, but I want to return it..." Ashton says, pointing the gun at Tristian. "What are you doing here?"

"You took away the one person I loved. I'm just here to do the same." Tristian says, walking a little closer. Maybe don't date crazy murderers? I don't feel bad at all.

People start to make a wall covering Ashton and me, and I don't break eye contact with Tristian. Zane stands before us and says, "You're gonna have to get through us."

"Really? You're choosing them over our friendship?" Tristian asks.

"We are no longer friends. The second you became a danger to these people, our bond was broken." Zane says, glaring at him. The second Ella and Zane found out about Mila and Tristian, they both wanted to murder them.

Tristian scoffs and points his gun at Zane. Before he could fire, someone else fired their weapon. I follow the bullet's direction and see Ella pointing her gun at him.

"You bitch!" Tristian mutters, clutching his chest. He's about to fire at Ella when Zane fires at Tristian's heart. He drops the gun, and Ella kicks it away.

"You and Mila deserve to rot in hell." Ella spits.

Tristian grabs a knife from his pocket and tries to throw it at Ella. I aim my gun at Tristian's forehead and fire. Kill that motherfucker.

His body drops to the floor, and people start cleaning up his mess. Others go back to partying, and I walk over to Ella. "Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I'll be okay... Good to know I still have good aim. But I'm gonna stick to going undercover and let you guys take care of the killing and whatnot." She says, laughing.

"You're the best," I say, giving her a quick hug.

"We almost lost you. I'm not giving him another chance." She says seriously. "If I'm being honest, you guys should have tortured him to death."

My eyes widen, and I smile. "We'll train you to do that."

"On second thought, let's forget about him. He's dead and in hell. But if I ever see him down there, he will fight these hands." She says, clenching her fists.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

My parents let Ashton spend the night at my house, so we're in the basement watching movies.

"What do you want to do now?" I ask after we finish Moana.

"You," Ashton says, winking.

I'm about to punch his arm when he pins my arms above my head. "Blocked." He murmurs, hovering above me.

"Just kiss me, asshole," I say, rolling my eyes.

Ashton presses his lips against mine, and I sigh with a slight smile. He moves down to my neck, and I pant, "You've left way too many hickeys on my neck."

"I just want to mark what's mine." He mumbles against my neck.

I chuckle and wrap my arms to hug him. I hear the basement door open, and Ashton and I roll away from each other. "What do you want to watch next?" I ask loudly.

"The Book of Life," Ashton says, grinning.

I select that movie, and I turn to see my mom. "Here's extra pillows." She says, throwing them onto the couch.

"Thank you," Ashton says.

"Goodnight." She says, going up the stairs. When we hear the door shut, Ashton rolls back beside me.

I rest my head against his shoulder, and he says, "I'm glad Tristian didn't get to you..."

"He would have had to get through that wall of people," I say. I make eye contact with him and say, "You know if I did die, I would want you to move on, right?" I ask.

What the fuck are you doing? I want him to be happy. And if it's not with me, that's okay.

"No, thank you. I'd just mourn you for the rest of my life. There's no one better than you for me..." He says, pulling me closer.

I hide my smile and look away. "He scared the shit out of me when he said he wanted to kill you..." He whispers.

"I know you would have protected me," I say.

"With every dying breath." He says so casually.

"I hope you know I would do the same," I say.

"I remember." He says, kissing my forehead. I see him frown, remembering the event.

"Hey. I'm still here, okay? I'm right beside you." I say, hugging him tighter.

He nods and nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck. He keeps a firm hold on me, scared he'll lose me again. I run my hands through his hair, and he starts to relax.

We go back to watching the movie and cuddle in silence. An hour later, we fell asleep in each other's arms.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thank you for reading! 🙃

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋