Annoyance

[Y/N] entered her house to see her mother and her younger brother at the dinner table. Her mother greeted her, but she did not reply and headed straight into her room. She dropped her school bag on the floor of her bedroom. Her bedroom was small and there weren't many things in there. All it had was a piano in a corner, her desk, her bed, and her closet.

    She never cared or liked to horde things in her room. She thought that people who did that were foolish. Those decorations people kept were junk that weren't useful at all. Why need to fill a room up with things when it could just stay simple?

    She took out her assignments from her backpack and glanced at it. She may not get good grades, but she didn't exactly want to fail either. She needed a future to hold on to, so that she could leave this hell hole.

    She went through her assignments, but she could barely understand any of it. Eventually she quit and went to lay on her bed.

    Suddenly, she could hear voices from outside her room. It was her mother and brother.

    "Want to go to the movies tomorrow? It's Friday, so I think it'll be fun to go," asked her mother to her brother.

     "Yes, I would love to!" replied her brother.

     "Great! Let's go ask your sister to come after she's done studying," cheered her mother. Her brother agreed and clapped his hands in excitement.

     Her brother's name was Asahi and he was three years younger than her. That meant her brother was in junior high school. He was still an innocent and bright kid. His eyes didn't see the world as how sullen it really is with [Y/N]'s eyes. He was fine that their father was gone. Her mother was also fine, seeing as she was still able to have fun.

     Fun....that word. [Y/N] despised it.

    She gritted her teeth and clenched her hands to a fist. Unbelievably, for the first time that day she showed an expression and emotion. Her face was filled with annoyance, pain, and anger. She would only ever show emotions in the depth of her bedroom when it's locked. Though she showed emotion, that didn't mean that she ever smiled in there.

     She took a few deep breaths to calm herself. This was the only thing that could get her to feel this mad. It didn't make sense to her of how her mother and brother can still enjoy themselves. Didn't they learn their lesson from what happened to father?

    She was definitely going to decline their invitation to the movies.

    She climbed out of the bed and drifted over to the piano in the corner. Whenever she felt like exploding, she would go over there to play her heart out.

    She sat down on the stool and ran her fingers through the keys delicately. It was soothing to her and she liked the coolness of it. She had played for about eleven years and she was amazing at it. All of the pieces she played sounded beautiful.

    She stared at the sheet music she had currently been working on. She understood it all, unlike with the school assignments.

     It was a slow ballad, so she closed her eyes peacefully and played it out. As she played, she thought about the first time she tried out the piano. Her father taught her and back then, she had so much fun. But now, all she felt was a hole in her heart. She could't have fun playing the piano anymore. It could only calm her now.

    She finished the beautiful piece with a few mistakes here and there. She didn't care about it though. She was staring at the floor with her hand over her chest. All she cared for was the pain in her heart.