• 𝐂hapter 5

I'd never felt so disgusted in my life

    Pregnant? For me?

    Bullshit.

    It couldn't be me, I was careful, I always was. And I should've been working instead of downing my third glass of alcohol but that bitch undid me and completely fucked up the rest of my day. Perhaps my week.

   Fuck. She'd left me unable to focus on work, and all I could do was curse under my breath and gulp more chugs as I thought back to the night I'd fucked her with abandon.

    I lifted the glass to my lips, letting the final drops slide into my mouth. Strictly speaking, it wasn't any of my business thinking back to that night but Hope was shaping up to be the major cause of my trainwreck, and right now, I wasn't sure of anything anymore.

    What if... She hadn't been lying?

     The look on her face should have been enough to make me believe her but I just didn't want it to be true. What if there was a slight chance that she was pregnant with a child, with my child. A child that I most definitely didn't want, a child that I swore I'd never have.

     I lowered my glasses and pinched the bridge of my nose, the weight of my situation pressing in on me.

   And out of all the fucking things that she could say to me, she choose those exact words.

      "Your Mother should be ashamed of you."

    I was completely obsessed with the deep realization that came from her words and as hours passed, it continued to haunt me because deep down, I knew there were no truer words.

    I mean, with the way I treated people daily, she would've been ashamed.

    Despair toppled over. I pushed away from the pain in my chest and thought. I needed to take care of this, but first, I needed to be sure the child was mine.

    Naturally, talking to Hope was out of the question. I needed to find out some other way and I knew the right man for the job.

    I pressed the switchboard button connecting me to my secretary and yelled out her name.

      "Yes, Mister Fobster?" She answered after a moment.

       "Get Jerry from HR and tell him to do an executive sweep on a girl named Hope Sterling. I want to know everything there is to know about her, from where she lives to where she works, who she's fucked, who she talks to, and what she's been up to these past months and I don't care if he needs to hack Nasa to find it. Do you understand?"

     "Noted. Mr. Fobster,"

       "Good."

    I cut the line off and leaned into my chair.

    Fuck.