• 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Dawn's Pov

There were moments in a person's life that changed everything. Moments that shook you up, moved you in a different direction, moments so tremendous, so intense, and clear that you knew without the merest hint of a doubt that your life would never be the same.

For me, that moment came just about when the large cathedral doors swung open, revealing a heavily decorated church hall primed to the bream with guests adorned in different varieties of colorful dresses.

Today, I was getting married to the love of my life and the reason for my unholy thoughts and there wasn't an adjective out there to describe the fizz of a million flutters pulsing through my veins.

He was there; my soon-to-be husband, the man I'd met a year ago at Starbucks and spilled hot coffee on-he waited at the peak of the altar, looking all trim and built and exuding a hypothesizing amount of prowess that intentionally or not, sent people of both genders to overdrive.

But today he had his eyes solely on me, watching me with an intense admiration that made me feel like I was the only person on the face of the earth. It was obliging, and more than a little intoxicating, I felt shivers rush up my spine, still unable to believe that this man had managed to capture my heart and made me fall terribly so.

"I'm so happy for you honey." My mother who had led me up the ornate aisle prompted, giving me small hug before pulling away and leaving me to the loverboy I'd fallen hopelessly for; the utterly charming and sometimes dense moron who'd crashed unexpectedly into my life and took my heart by surprise, the idiot who'd found parts of me I didn't know existed.

"My, my." He soothed, his voice rich with preeminence and sensuality. "You look absolutely stunning Ms. Montgomery." He muttered, his mesmeric set of winter grey eyes delving into mine, burning through me, dissolving my gown, my skin, leaving me feeling naked and wanting. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fucking you in my head right now."

Heat filled my cheeks. "Stop it," I admonished, trying to stifle the sudden desire burning low in my belly.

His lips spread into a slow, feral smile as he leaned closer, his masculine scent filling my nose, causing a euphoric rush that made me want to rip his suit off and rub against him.

"I've waited a long year to have you squirming under me." He lifted my hand to his lips and placed a kiss on my knuckles. "I guess I can wait an extra hour but a fair warning, once I start, I'm not going to stop until you are shaking."

Oh woah...I felt my stomach dip and I shook it off with pure strength of will. "Your mouth will get us both in trouble."

He simply chuckled softly and kept my hand tucked in his own as the priest faced us and began the ceremony.

"Cherished family members and honored guests, I would like to thank each of you for coming out this morning. Let us begin by offering thanks to the Lord on this wonderful day."

The rest of his words blurred in a rush and it wasn't until David slid the perfect clear-cut diamond ring up my delicate finger that I returned to reality. And then he recited his vows, every word immediately pumping through my blood and veins until they reached my most significant organ-my heart.

To have and to hold. . .

For better or worse . . .

In sickness and in health . . .

Till death do us part . . .

I do . . .

"David and Dawn, now that the two of you have joined hands and placed the rings on each other's fingers in the presence of your family and Jehovah, you have declared your eternal love for each other, therefore, by the power vested in me by the most heavenly Father and the state of New York, I hereby, on this day pronounce you husband and wife. David, you may now kiss the-"

The priest didn't finish his final word before David circled his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss that took me by surprise.

I clutched at his shoulders for balance and the moment I parted my mouth in a gasp, his warm wet tongue entered with an invasive stab that was completely spellbinding.

"You belong to me now Dawn Araceli Argent." He moaned, ignoring the joyous applause from the guests around us. "Only me."

My fingers sunk into his hair, twisting hard, holding him to me-the taste of his lips, the feel of his skin, the steady thumping of his heart, the way his hand pressed against my lower back-a dizzying sensation crept over me, settling between my legs. "I've always been yours, David."

"I love you, princess." He whispered, nibbling on my bottom lip before pulling away. "I love you so fucking much."

"More than the universe." I smiled, misty-eyed, and a smirk settled over his lips as he, without a warning picked me up and carried me bridal-style down the aisle.

I yelped, holding unto him tighter and I could see my mom and best friend chuckling happily for us.

I was happy. We belonged to each other now and no matter what life might hold for us, it could never alter that.

We were bound by our solemn vows.

For better...or worse.