𝟏𝟐

David's Pov

I fucked up.

THUD!

Maybe I didn't.

THUD!

At this point, I did not know.

THUD!

Maybe I shouldn't have left her like that.

THUD!

It was a total dick move but how else was I to act when I saw the love of my love whom I was very protective and possessive about strutting with some idiotic bloke?

The thought of seeing them together made me want to commit murder.

Did she not understand how much I loved her and would kill for her?

THUD!

My temper flared as an intense rush of emotion hit me.

THUD!

THUD!

THUD!

THUD!

"Dude." Tanner finally spoke up after watching me punch the suspended inflated ball one for the last twenty minutes. "I know it's a punching bag and it's meant to be punched but you don't have to be so aggressive about it."

"I'm sorry, I'm just...Fuck." I punched one more time before pulling away and turning to face my blonde-haired best man whose eyes met mine with suspicion.

We broke eye contact when I lowered my gaze to take off my boxing gloves.

"Alright." He got up and tossed me a white towel. "I've let you have your fun now it's time to explain to me why you called to use my gym in the middle of the night."

I let out a breath, more sheens of sweat trickling down my skin as I wiped my face. I came here because I needed to clear my head, to calm my mind, to soothe my nerves but my attempts all seemed ineffective because the more I thought about it, the more this strong feeling of hostility and displeasure crept into me.

"It's nothing."

I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't know what exactly made me angry.

Sure, seeing my wife in such a compromising position pissed me off but it was more than that. I was frustrated, the whole baby shit frustrated me, staying away from Dawn frustrated me, having to leave her all on her own made me furious, knowing she was somewhere crying broke my heart, and worse of all, knowing I couldn't give her what she wanted even though I wanted it myself wrecked me.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

I loved her, God I loved her so much that it ached when I went a second without her and I wanted nothing more than to give her what she deserved but I just couldn't. It wasn't my choice to make, if it had been, I wouldn't have left Stacey the way I did.

"You can lie to the world but you can't lie to me brother." Tanner persisted, walking over to stand beside me. "I know you're been dishonest even before you start talking." He swung his hands over my shoulder, a gesture that made me groan. "Spill it. Are you having wifey problems? Is it about Dawn?"

I narrowed my eyes and shrugged his arms off. "I don't want to talk about it." I dismissed, picking up my shirt.

"What's it this time?" He goaded, following me as I started towards the quench table. "Not giving her enough attention? Your stepmother?" he nudged my side. "Tell me."