Chapter 24

"After they stripped me. They stood there, asking what they should do. I fought tooth and nail as they took turns with me." I push the plate of food away as the minister scribbles down what I'm saying "They were talking about how Pansy Parkinson instructed them to try to fix me. How, if she made me gayer, this should cancel her damage and really fix me." as I sigh, Lucius leans forward and takes my hand "After they finished, they left me in bed, tied and gagged. They opened the window so they could see how blue I'd turn." I scoff and look away from the pigs sitting in front of me "Fucking dumbarses."

 "Okay, I'm not going to put you through this anymore." the minister sighs, before snapping both Crabbe and Goyle's wand in two.

 I blur out the rest of the conversation as I stare at the plate of food that was placed in front of me the minute I woke up.

 Apparently, I've been out for a couple of weeks. My core body temperature dropped to 23.8°C. It should have been 36.7°C.

 The blood puddle got too cold and it caused my body temperature to drop. Something called hypothermia.

 They fought me stark naked. Not even my ne- "Where is it?" I ask out of the blue and they all look at me "My necklace?"

 "We didn't find it." Lucius whispers and I grab my wand, pointing it at the Crabbe "Draco, what are you doing?"

 "Wingardiam Leviosa!" I hiss and pull him off the group and up above me. My necklace slips out of his shirt and I pick it off of him. With a bitter glare, I push him out and drop him on his arse from ten feet. "Sticky fingers land you on your arse." I glare, before sliding the necklace around my neck.

 After I slip back out of the conversation, a weak smile plays at my lips as I think of my little joke.

 When I get back to reality, I find it's dark out "Isn't it like three?" I ask and Lucius jumps awake in his uncomfortable metal hospital chair.

 "What?" he asks and I repeat the question. He checks his watch and gives a pitiful look "Draco, it's midnight."

 "Oh." I bat my eyes, before frowning "Where's Harry?"

 "He came by earlier. Stayed until ten." he sighs, before leaning against the side table "I told him to go get some sleep. He refused." he points to the ground on the opposite side of my bed "So he came back with a sleeping bag."

 I look down to find Harry sleeping "Well, how the fuck am I going to wake him up now?" I frown and I hear Lucius scoff "You know what they say." I shrug, looking back to him "If you can't beat them, join them."

 "I second that." Lucius gives a weak smile, before helping me lay down.

 Before he can sit down, I'm back to sleep.

~

 "Draco?" Lucius asks he pours himself another cup of tea. I've not even touched mine "Is everything, okay?"

 It's been about a month since the second task. My wrists and ankles have been ripped of skin from the bindings. Harry has yet to leave me alone. He thinks, if I'm left alone, it'll happen again. Currently, I sit in my armchair for teatime and Harry sleeps soundly in his sleep.

 I hum, before taking a sip of my cold black tea "What is okay?" I ask, before sitting it down with a sigh "Nothing ever is okay."

 "Have you tried anything?" he asks as he reaches for a scone.

 With a shake of my head, I sigh "I fine with a handful of kisses and sleeping in the same bed... but if I even start to think about anything..."

 "Understandable." Lucius sighs, but pointing to the food "You haven't eaten a single thing, Draco."

 "I'm not hungry." I sigh as I take a sip of tea "It's actually nauseating to be this close to it."

 He hides a worried look with a nod "And how much have you eaten since you got out of hospital?"

 "Viktor would give you an earful of an answer for that." I smirk as I exam his new place in the room.

 After I got out of hospital, I found that they switched our sides of the room. Along with giving me a bigger bed.

 "And how have you slept?" I shrug at the question and he sighs "And the pneumonia?"

 "It's fine." I state, pulling my legs to my chest "I'm fine."

  We're silent for the rest of teatime. Once he stands to leave, I whisper "Father, I still wish to go to Hogwarts."

 He sits right back down in his chair, before sighing "Draco, if this has happened to you twice here, why would you like to stay?"

 "It's either this or Durmstang." I whisper, before shrugging "And, if it's true that Karkaroff killed mum, I'll be free of that."

 He rubs his forehead in deep trouble, before clearing his throat "And if you're put in Slytherin? If you have to stay in the dorm your attackers stayed in?"

 "I won't think of it like that." I sigh, before shrugging "I'll think it a shame that I'm not a Gryffindor. But if know I won't be. I know I'm a Slytherin."

 "In Durmstang, you're looked up to." Lucius states and frowns when I chuckle "Do I amuse you?"

 "I was never looked up to. Viktor was, but I wasn't." I shrug, before casting mystery trunk open "To the Durmstang boys, I was something to hit on and flatter with sweets."

 "You say you where." he says in confusion, before continuing "Why are you no longer something to hit on?"

 With a simple shrug, I close my trunk and sigh "Nobody wants something so broken." He gives me a pitiful look and I continue "I'm surprised that one hasn't left yet." I point to Harry and a pessimistic smile.