Memories

Leo gently closed the door to his room. The second day of Po's training had passed, and no progress had been made whatsoever. In fact, the only thing learned was that the panda was somewhat resilient to injuries. Po was covered in bruises when he finally clambered back to the Palace after falling down the countless amount of stairs, but he was still eager to learn. 

Despite Po's desire to master Kung Fu, Leo felt horrible. He had hurt the poor panda. Leo, even though the adrenaline of the moment had taken over, had still (quite literally) kicked the panda out of the palace.

They would have to find some way to train Po.

Speaking of Po, the lion could hear the heavy, thudding steps of the panda enter the dorm building. He yelped every time he took a step- every part of his large body was sore. Leo pricked his ears up as he watched the large silhouette pass by his screen door. Viper and Mantis followed him, softly murmuring to each other. It sounded like they were going to perform acupuncture on the panda.

Leo lay on his back, staring at the ceiling. He heard the rest of the Five pass by his building; first Monkey, then Crane, then Tigress. He turned his head slightly as he watched the tiger pass his room. He saw her stop, and glance at his room. Was she going to come in? But she then shook her head lightly and proceeded to her room. He heaved sighed and closed his eyes. His flank rose and fell as he tried to find sleep.

"OW!" A cry rang out from Viper's room. Leo slowly opened his eyes, almost in annoyance. It sounded like Po was getting acupuncture done by either Viper or Mantis. He could hear words coming from their room, but he could not make out what they were saying.

Leo swung his legs over his bed and sat up, staring in the direction of where the cries of pain were coming from. They seemed to go on for sometime until he heard a door open, and he heard Tigress' voice,

"Before Tai Lung." She said loudly.

That caught the lion's attention. Leo's ears perked up at the mention of his brother's name. The lion opened his door and made his way toward's Viper's room. Leo heard Crane say they were not supposed to talk about the snow leopard. That much was true. Shifu hated being reminded of Tai Lung and his horrendous crimes, so he forbade his students from talking about him.

"If he is going to stay here, he should know." Tigress said, almost matter-of-factly.

Leo moved to stand behind Tigress, "If you are going to talk about Tai Lung, if you want to know about him, it would be best if you asked someone who knew actually knew him." He said, his golden eyes narrowed as he shifted his gaze from Tigress to the panda.

Tigress moved to the side. Po began talking, "Guys! I know about Tai Lung! He was your brother." Po pointed at Leo, "He was the first to master the thousand scrolls of Kung Fu." Po trailed off as Leo approached and kneeled in front of the panda.

"Tai Lung was not just a student." Leo said, a nostalgic tone weighing his voice down.

(Everything in italics will be a flashback. Everything in bold will be Leo's dialogue.)

Shifu found us, as newborns.

Shifu heaved opened the heavy doors of the Palace. He heard some animal pounding on the doors, and had hurried to answer it. But now, he only saw two tiny cats, one a light golden cub in green wrappings and the other light grey with dark spots in purple blankets. Both were sleeping. Shifu quickly called for a palace assistant. A duck quickly waddled over to him, sharply inhaling at the sight of the two babes at the door step.

The red panda picked up the grey cub while the duck picked up the golden cub. Shifu's ears pricked at the sound of roars in the distance. Was that the cubs' mother? Was she calling out to them? But he shook his head and carried the snow leopard cub into the palace. He would raise these cubs.