Making of a Warrior

So this will be the final training scene between Po and Shifu and Leo! It will be a little different than the canon movie, but I hope you guys are satisfied with this chapter!

.

.

The day was just beginning. The sun climbed slowly over the mountains, steadily blanketing the land in warm, golden light. The land was beginning to wake up, but there were three animals who have been awake for some time already.

Master Shifu, Master Leo, and Po were still up in the mountains. Po's training was continuing at a good pace, and he was definitely improving. He would become a great opponent when he was fully trained.

Currently, Leo stood in a treetop breathing in the fresh air. His mane blew gently in the wind and his whiskers twitched occasionally. Shifu was standing only a branch lower than him.

And on that same branch as Shifu was Po the panda. His short, stubby legs were hooked on the branch so that he was hanging up-side down. He was doing a sort of sit up, where if he sat up completely, he could reach Shifu, who was perched on the branch with some dumplings.

But, even though Po was trying his hardest, he could barely pull himself up. Leo frowned as the branch creaked and broke. Shifu, quickly realizing the danger, leapt out of the way, quickly abandoning the bowl of dumplings in his paw. Leo, though not directly affected, dug his claws into the bark of the tree, just to be safe. Po grabbed onto the base of the branch to try and hold on, but even still the branch broke. He made a desperate grab for the bowl of dumplings, but he fell a short distance to a grassy platform below. He did not get any food. But Shifu, thinking fast, reached out with his cane and grabbed the bowl carefully, catching all of the dumplings.

Leo gazed carefully down at Po. It would be a long day.

.

That evening, Shifu had filled another bowl with some vegetables and gave Leo a large Bo Staff,

"Do not let Po eat this. Do not target him, but target the bowl. Try to break it. He will be forced to defend the food he wants to eat, and will try to defend himself. I will be watching, and I will see how far he has come." Shifu said, holding the large rod out to Leo. He nodded and took the staff, twirling it slowly, while Shifu called for Po to begin his next lesson. Leo moved behind some rocks so Po would not grow suspicious.

Po eagerly dashed over- as fast as a panda could dash- and he eyed the bowl of food hungrily. Shifu smiled warmly and handed him the bowl, as well as some chopsticks to eat them with. But Po, being the panda that he was, tossed the chopsticks aside. Leo then leapt out from behind the rock. He pushed the rod forward and hit Po in the biceps. Leo continued to hit and swipe at Po with the staff. The panda yelped and moved the bowl of food into the crick of his elbow, trying to protect it from the assaulting lion. Po tried to back up, but Leo twirled the rod under his arm and smashed the bowl. The contents, and porcelain shards, spilled onto the ground below.

"Well done, Po." Shifu said, "While you were not able to completely shelter yourself or the bowl from Leo's onslaught, you are undoubtedly growing in the ways of Kung Fu."

"Thank you so much, Master Shifu! And you, too, Master Leo Lung!" Po bowed fervently to the two of them. While the panda, most of the time, had the stamina of a rock, he was certainly passionate enough to learn. Leo smiled. Shifu ordered Po to clean up the bowl and the food, and when was finished they would begin the next lesson.

As Shifu and Leo began prepping for the next class, Shifu beckoned Leo over. When the lion approached, Shifu talking to Leo, "I would like to test Po's balance. You can not stand unless you balance."