Chapter 75

Nico's POV:

I couldn't sleep.

Too many things were running through my head and too many things hurt.

This entire day has been complete shit.

Khloe hasn't even looked at me ever since Layla showed up. Not to mention that she had been carrying a sorrowful look on her face all day.

She looked like she was going to cry pretty much the entire day and I couldn't stand that.

I still couldn't stand that I never got an answer from her the previous night and now that Layla was here, I still couldn't try to figure it out.

My brows drew together as my head began to ache.

This whole thing was so stressful and I wanted it to be done with.

Not only did I have to explain my actions to Layla believable way whenever I did something moderately nice to Khloe, but I felt like I was losing Khloe.

It hurt so much seeing her upset and knowing that I couldn't do anything.

It physically hurt me seeing her like that.

All the joy that I had seen from her recently was completely gone.

I missed the sound of her laugh and the sight of her smile.

It had only been a day and I already felt like I was losing my mind.

It somehow felt worse than when she was at the clinic. At least when she was there, there was actually no physical way for me to do anything.

Now she was physically there, but I had to restrain every ounce of myself from acting on what I wanted to do.

There were too many times today I wanted nothing more than to scoop her up in my arms and tell her how much she meant to me. Tell her anything that would make that defeated look on her face go away.

Going on like this for a couple more days seemed impossible.

I thought that there would at least be sometimes during these days that Khloe and I would be alone, but Layla seemed very adamant about spending every second with me.

God, what did I do to deserve this?

I pressed the bottom of my palm against my forehead as the pain grew more intense.

Thinking about this matter apparently made it hurt worse.

I quietly pushed myself up and swung my legs off of the bed as gently as I could, never taking my hand away from my forehead.

I needed something to make this go away.

I pushed myself up from the bed, intending to find something in the bathroom that would do just that.

But my intentions were quickly guided elsewhere the second I heard a faint sniffle come from behind me.

My heart wrenched at the sound as I turned my head to where Khloe was.

She laid curled up facing away from me on the couch, the movement of her shoulders only barely giving away the fact that she was crying.

My shoulders slumped as I thought over that fact, trying to decide what I should do.

I turned my head towards Layla, seeing that she was facing away from Khloe.

Her heartbeat was telling me what she was fast asleep.

I guess that was all the information I needed to gather because my body was already walking towards Khloe.

I'm not really sure what I intended to do once I got to her.