Chapter 3

"Good seeing you guys too." Cookie called out as she shut the door. Turning she gave Lucious her biggest smile before she started squealing.

"Yes yes yes!" She cheered jumping into his arms. She claimed his lips in a kiss for victory.

"I have got to get used to that." Andre groaned. Normally his parents fighting was the norm. Now them being on the same page was out of the ordinary.

"Now we just need to ride out these next few days untill Keem gets released from the hospital. Do our meeting and get on track." Cookie cheesed. He smiled down at her and nodded.

"I'm gonna go swing by the hospital and check on Keem before going home. You guys coming?" Andre questioned. Lucious gave Cookie a look.

"You can't be mad forever." He spoke.

"I know, but I like looking at all the calls from him on my call log." Cookie giggled. Lucious sucked his teeth as Andre opened the door. He gave his wife a hard swat on the butt. She gasped spinning around to face him.

"Did you just spank me?" She snapped. He smirked and nodded.

"Quit being bad." He growled. She giggled following behind Andre.

"Jaunita!" Lucious called. She quickly rounded the corner wiping her wet hands.

"We are gonna be out for a while. See to it that Bella is taken care of." Lucious ordered. She nodded sharply muttering a yes sir.

"Thank you." He spoke exiting the home.

They chose to take one of their cars. Getting used to not being driven around was gonna be hard. Ultimately Cookie was the driver. Their good spirits died when they walked up to the hospital room seeing multiple doctors running in and out.

"What's going on?" Lucious snapped grabbing the nearest docter.

"Mr.Lyon, your son's wound became infected. He's being treated for it now." He responded.

"Is he ok?" Cookie replied.

"Yes ma'am. We caught it in its early stage. Everything is under control. He motioned for an in home docter to oversee his recovery. At this point we are not sure if that's in his best interest." He continued.

"Why?" Lucious snapped.

"Well his wound was reopened by him. Accidentally of course, but still. He doesn't understand the severity of his condition. If we had caught the infection at a later time it could have already hit his heart. Then we would be looking at a new set of issues. Your son is non compliant when it comes to bed rest. Something as simple as that could cost him his life." He responded leading them to the room.

"Boy!" Cookie snapped seeing him standing at the window. Tiana lay sound asleep across from him. Hakeem turned looking at his mom.

"What?" He questioned, his docter sighed.

"Get cho ass in that bed Keem!" His father boomed. Sucking his teeth he climbed back onto his bed wincing slightly.

"Maybe you guys could set him straight." The doctor spoke walking out.

"Why the hell are you so damn bullheaded boy? I swear I wonder if you were dropped more then once." Cookie ranted.

"Wait.....I was dropped?" He muttered. Andre gave him an apologetic face.

"Oh that's fucked up Dre." Keem sighed.

"Hakeem! Do you understand you almost died a few days ago?" Cookie continued. He nodded looking down.