2.3

*unedited*

Author has another chapter~
I didn't really have homework.
Sorry about the cliffhanger last time, heh.
Quick note: when it's Sun Hui's point of view he would be referred to as himself but if it's an outsider he's known as Wen Jingyi because they don't know the truth.

"Where did you get that ring?"

On one of the Emperor's right hand fingers was a very familiar silver ring—Wang Shuo's silver ring.

Many assumptions erupted in his head.

Did the other ring transfer to the world with him?

Was the ring just tossed around like a piece of common material?

Was the Emperor...Wang Shuo?

The bodyguard had his spear aimed directly at Wen Jingyi's chest. The Emperor may have willingly accepted his request to show off his poetry and then casually touched him, but no one touched the Emperor without permission. It was seen as disrespectful and a threat.

But Emperor Yang Jun didn't turn Wen Jingyi away in disgust. In fact, the gaze Emperor Yang Jun had on the boy was soft and full of warmth. He glared at his bodyguard, "Chen Bao, you're dismissed. Go tell the publishing industry."

Chen Bao hesitated before withdrawing his spear and bowing in departure.

When he was gone, the Emperor once again wrapped an arm around Sun Hui. Sun Hui blinked. The Emperor was really touchy with him on their first meeting.

"Which ring?" he asked once they were further down the hall.

Sun Hui realized that, of course, he had several rings. He cleared his throat, "The silver one, Your Imperial Majesty, Emperor of China."

The Emperor pointed to his most prized ring of his whole collection, "This one?"

Sun Hui nodded.

"Do you believe in dreams...?" he trailed, wanting to get a name.

"Wen Jingyi," Sun Hui said.

"Right. Do you, Xiao Jingyi?" The Emperor asked.

Sun Hui frowned a little. He was called small again? Familiarly? Already? The Emperor was already acting like his Wang Shuo, it was so uncanny.

"Uh, I guess," he finally said after seeing the Emperor sulk a bit in the lack of response.

"Well, in my dream," he started, glancing at the ring from time to time, "I saw this boy with the most peculiar looks."

Emperor Yang Jun dwelled on the dream, like he did most of the time. Even now, he couldn't make sense of what the boy had said.

One night, the Emperor dreamed about a dark abyss. From that abyss came a boy with silver hair and silver eyes. He looked quite young, younger than the almost thirty year old Emperor. A teenager, maybe.

He looked distraught. And although Emperor Yang Jun disregarded his people, he never disregarded their problems if it was serious enough. And something told him that this was, indeed, serious.