╟ Chapter 147: Letter ╢

You blinked once. The scene had changed to a more colorful area, but it remained frozen in time. There was no sound, no wind, no warmth, and no cold. Nothing. You took a few experimental steps forward, noting that you heard no sounds of your heels crunching the grass under your feet.

As you continued to walk with no destination in mind, you nearly jumped out of your skin when you looked to your right.

"Anita?!" you exclaimed, relieved to see the smiling face of your sister.

She was paler than usual, her red cherry hair untamed and released from the ponytail that she always wore. Anita didn't say anything for a while, and neither did you. The two of you were staring at each other, still advancing in this frozen world.

"Anita, what happened? Are you and Moitra alright?" you wondered, and her expression wavered slightly.

".........Why don't we enjoy this moment together while it lasts?" she simply responded.

"No. I want to know" you refused, stopping.

Yet, she was still walking with her head now turned forward. You couldn't move anymore while Anita's figure started to blur. You called out to her numerous times, but she wouldn't answer back. A wall of darkness stood in front of the woman, and became engulfed by it.

Horrible screams scorched your ears, and even if you tried to block them, you could still hear. Your eyes widened in horror when the grass became red, blood sipping out from the ground.

"ANITA!" you screamed loudly, eyes shut open.

The others nearly fell on their butts at the sudden outburst, before they dashed to gather around your bed. You sat up abruptly, ripping the blanket away. Though, you didn't have the time to put one foot out the bed that your comrades threw themselves at you.

"(y/n)! You can't move now!" cried out Usopp, grabbing your arm.