Patience

(Y/N) = Your Name

He fluttered his eyes open. Confused, as to where he was. He saw a stone gravel ceiling ahead his direction. It was then he realized he was in Hogwarts. But where exactly ?

Sitting up, he saw that he was in a bed. However, he was still in his normal clothes. (Y/N) then took this time to look around. He was in the hospital wing. He didn't know nor did he care. All (Y/N) knew was his head was killing him. He made it more apparent by clutching his head tightly.

"The pain should go away soon enough. All that it requires is patience. Something you clearly don't have."

Surprised, (Y/N) sharply turned to his left to see a shadowy figure hovering over him. The lighting in the room supported hin as well since the shadows helped blanket him in darkness. The figure stepped closer to (Y/N)'s bed to reveal Severus Snape.

"Snape ?," (Y/N) asked.

"That is Professor Snape to you Black," Snape said coolly. (Y/N) gritted his teeth but otherwise stayed silent.  He hated what was going on right now.

What did his father expect ? To see him run unto his opened armed hug while everyone watches misty eyed ? This isn't a fantasy. It wasn't some stort that had a happy ending or a scripture where he forgot everything. Life doesn't work that way. Nothing does. At least to him.

While he sat staring into nothing, deep in his thoughts, Snape became impatient. He glared at (Y/N) fiercly before calling his name.

"Mr. Black-"
"Don't call me that."
"It is your name isn't it ?"

(Y/N) shut his mouth and turned his head. It wasn't worth arguing with this man. At least right now anyway. Snape held a look of victory in his eyes before continuing on what he was going to say.

"As i was going to say, Proffessor Dumbledore has asked me to coach you on your spellcasting and studies since you have been...absent for the past four years," Snape said.

" What but i-"
"Your lessons start tommorow."

With that Snape swiftly walked out of the infirmary room as if in a hurry to leave. Once Snape was out of sight (Y/N) rolled his eyes and turned his back to the door. Tired once more. However, the infirmary doors busted open with a vigor. In came three teens sprinting over to (Y/N)'s form.

Once they made it to his slumped figure, they each gave (Y/N) a glare of anger and frustration.

"How could you ?," Harry asked.

Slowly, (Y/N) rolled back to the trio to see their angry faces and clenched fists.

"...can you wait please im trying to sleep ?"

Harry ripped the covers from his tired form. This reaction caused (Y/N) to shoot up and give the three the most terrifying glare they have ever seen. The glare could even rival Snape's

"What. Do. You. Want ?," (Y/N) gritted.

"You hurt Sirius you know...you got what you wanted."

"I only returned what he gave me."

"Sirius never hurt you he-"

"Yes he did. He was never there do you know what we went through ?"

"How do you think he felt ? Like sunshine and rainbows while he was away from his family ?," Harry pressed.

"That's hilarious...he doesnt even write or anything ? To his depressed wife ?," (Y/N) asked.

"He couldn't," Hermione said joining the conversation. "He was in Azkaban"

"Couldn't he write ?"

"Of course not!!" Ron said.

Thats when they explained. Everything. To the Potters death and Sirius being framed. He understood. All but one thing. Why ? Why didn't he just stay home ?

"Will you give Sirius a chance now...please ?," Harry begged.

(Y/N) stared at the ground thinking about it. This whole time he hated his father. His hate was fueled everyday he was absent. He can't just throw that out the window. Maybe however....he could try.

"I'll try....but it'll take some patience on his part," (Y/N) answered eyes still stuck to the floor.

Harry stretched his smile as wide as it can go.

"Thank you so much (Y/N)!!! I promise he won't mess this chance up!"

Harry ran out of the infirmary to message Sirius while Ron followed. Strangely though, Hermione stayed. Hermione looked at (Y/N)'s eyes and saw the confliction of anger and sadness in his eyes. She understood his pain.

"Hey (Y/N)...are you okay ?"

Slowly, he lifted his eyes from the floor to gaze into Hermione's warm chocolate brown eyes.

"I guess i.....i don't know right now."

Hermione gave (Y/N) a pitied look. Hermione knew what he was going through. Yet, she couldn't imagine his internal pain. Hesitantly, she put a hand on his shoulder and spoke softly.

"(Y/N) if you need anybody....anybody at all...you can talk to Harry, Me and Ronald understand ? If not then Dumbledore is also an option."

(Y/N) nodded slowly. Maybe its time to talk about his feelings instead of bottling it up.

"..thank you Hermione," (Y/N) said as he stared into Hermione's eyes. This caused her to blush immediately and remove her hand from his shoulder.

"Sorry i um..got homework ?"

With that Hermione bolted out the doors. It didn't take a genius to know she was attracted to him. He knew this too. But he needed to be sure in order to make a move. He had to be patient. Patience. A word so simple yet it hides so much complication.