Chapter 41

This was written on a phone so expect some typos my dudes

Third person pov

Arron stared at the ground as Ino undressed, her hands clenched into fists. She was scared to expose herself, even if nobody was there. Even with Trexx patrolling about the area. Could she dare to trust Ino? Even if she could, what would thr blonde say? Arron's body was hideous. It was covered in scars that each had a memory to go along with them. Neither of which she could erase, even if she desperately, desperately wished to.

"Arron, it's okay." Arron glanced up. Ino held a towel to her chest. It hid mostly everything. But Arron could still see most of her legs, which were smooth and clean. And her arms, which were free of any marks. Her shoulders and the area of her chest around her collarbone. It was all smooth, creamy skin. A type of skin Arron did not have.

"Rydw i'n hyll." Arron whispered.

"What was that?" Ino asked softly, gazing at the girl with concern. Arron sniffled slightly, wiping her eyes on her sleeve. Her body was so broken. Hideous due to all that had been done to it. She was damaged goods, and that was that.

"I'm... I'm ugly." She whispered, looking up at Ino with teary eyes. The blonde felt her heart sink.

"No, Arron. That's not true." Ino assured. "You're beautiful! You really are. And I don't give that compliment to just anyone, you know. I've got to really, really mean it!" Ino exclaimed with positive sincerity.

Arron looked down nervously. "I... I wish." Arron murmured, shaking her head slightly. Ino frowned a little.

"Arron, you are pretty. Trust me; you are. I have no doubts about that, okay? Shikamaru doesn't either." Ino assured. Arron frowned a little. She knew Ino was simply trying to be nice. It's not like she could change it anyway.

Arron took off her shoes first. Ino tied her own towel around herself so she could take the sneakers from the girl, along with the socks. Arron's entire body began to shake as she carefully began to pull down her pants. Ino stayed silent as the girl shakily removed them. Ino didn't say a word. Arron didn't either. Her legs weren't what she was worried about. For the most part, they'd left her legs alone.

Off came the jacket, and the hoodie under. And then the sweater that smelled like cinnamon. Ino did not rush her or even say a word. She did not gag or look away. She simply took the girls clothes for her, folding them up easily and placing them in the cubbie next to hers. Arron appreciated this. The silence, and the help.

And then off came her shirt, leaving her on her undergarments. Ino looked at her scarred stomach, which still had some red, irritated spots. Her shoulders too had slashes on them, jagged and harsh, and normally covered by her sleeves. Ino did not stare at them, and she showed no disgust if she felt it. Instead she met Arron's eyes and smiled. A real smile.

"See, I told you! Look at your skin tone. And you're so thin! Not in the bad sort of way, either." Ino said. Arron flinched slightly, her arms coming up to block it all from view. She kept her eyes down and sniffled again, tears filling her eyes. She should have stayed back. She should have never came here.

"Arron." Ino's voice was softer now. Arron glanced up. "Your scars are not ugly. You may think so, but they aren't. They only show how strong you really are, you know. They're a part of you, and you are pretty, okay? So don't worry about it." Ino smiled, offering a towel.

"I...I am scared." Arron told her quietly. "If Shikamaru ever sees them all... H-he will-"

"If Shikamaru ever sees that much of you all at once he's going to be praising the gods." Ino snorted. "He already thinks your pretty, Arron. Like, more pretty than anyone. He likes all of you. A few scars aren't going to change that. I bet he'll love those too."

Arron seemed surprised. Ino turned around so the girl could remove her panties and bra undisturbed.

"N...No." Arron disagreed quietly.

"No, really! I've known him since we were kids. He's never liked someone as much as he's liked you before." Ino said. Arron looked down at her feet, wrapping the large towel around her. "Besides, he doesn't even care about looks. If he did, he would have had a crush on someone at some point, right?!"

Arron blinked. Ino turned around. "Speaking of boys, I absolutely have to tell you about what I heard in my store yesterday." Ino began towards the steamy water. Arron hesitantly trailed after her. This, she recognized, was gossip. Something... Friends did. Girl friends. "Oh, and if you need Shikamaru, just shout. They can totally hear us." Ino said. Arron tilted her head slightly, glancing about nervously.

"Oi, Shikamaru!" Ino's sudden shout caused the girl to jump. "Sorry." The blonde said quickly.

"What do you want?!" Shikamaru sounded annoyed. "Is Arron alright?!"

"See." Ino said. Arron seemed brighter. He really was just right there. "Arron's fine! Is it empty over there, too?!"

"Yeah!" Choji responded. Arron seemed to light up more.

"We go over there." Arron said, her voice louder than she'd meant it to be. It made her accent slip out all the more.

"What, we can't go over there! That's the boys side! And they're... You know..." Ino lowered her voice to a hushed whisper. "Naked."

"Ino, we can hear you!" Shikamaru seemed annoyed. Ino scowled.

"Surely you don't want to see that, right?" Ino said.

Arron thought about it. "Shikamaru." Arron shrugged, her voice quiet. So quiet Ino almost didn't hear. "Not others." She openly admitted to wanting to see Shikamaru in the nude. Ino burst into a fit of laughter that startled Arron.

"Why are you laughing?!" Shikamaru shouted, clearly annoyed. "What a drag!"

Arron couldn't help but smile just a little.