7 ||

•° ✿ °•

Wonpil wasn't sure how it came to this. 

Two empty coffee cups rested on the table, the other one knocked over and the contents spilled all over the table, the vacant seat across him where his best friend once sat, the murmurings of people that sat next to him who have nothing else to do but disrupt his privacy, his phone glued to his ear, ringing a billion times as he attempted to reach a girl on the other line.

But she didn't answer.

He sighed to himself before dropping his phone to the table, feeling defeated. He regretted not going after you once you left the doors with tears streaming down your face. He just wasn't sure why you acted that way. He couldn't process the fact that his own best friend could possibly have feelings for him.

"Come on, (y/n). Stop playing with me." He mumbled before picking his phone up again, dialing your number while leaving the cafe.

He searched every place you'd most likely take shelter in, but he never found you. He called each one of his friends and neither of them could reach you either. He was getting impatient. He wanted to clear things yet you were making it hard for him.

He was startled when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He hastily pulled it off, thinking it would be you. He read the caller ID and he couldn't help but feel disappointed when he saw another name displayed on the screen.

Incoming call... Chaemin <3

answer / decline

He sighed before sliding the green button.

"Hello?"

"What's wrong, Wonpil?"

The boy's eyebrows furrowed. 

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You sound stressed. Wanna talk about it?"

He didn't have the time to explain it to her. Every second that passes by means a second from being away from you and possibly patching your friendship back together. But he couldn't do that to her. Not to his girlfriend.

"Chaemin, I need to find someone." He told her.

"Who?" The girl hesitated.

"(y/n)." He replied as soon as she asked.

He could hear her breath, but she barely said a word back. Wonpil could feel his frustration build. He called for his girlfriend's name, but still no response. He tried again.

"Do you like her more than me?"

He can't believe she would throw that question out like that so quick. He's only been with her for a day, but how could she already be feeling jealous or hurt immediately? He bit his lip, unable to answer her for unknown reasons. He wanted to say no. He didn't want to lose Chaemin. He didn't want to let go of someone who finally feels the same about him.

But why couldn't he?

Why couldn't he say it directly?

Did he want to say yes? Would he rather lose his girlfriend than lose his best friend? Even if Chaemin did feel the same, was she really the person he wants to be with?

"Chaemin, I can't do this right now."

"Then what can you do?" Her voice came out harsh, but he understood why.

"Can we just talk tonight? I'll take you out and-"

"Why don't you just take (y/n) out on a date instead?"

"Chaemin, please-"

"No, Wonpil."

Wonpil could feel his blood start to boil. His eyebrows were now furrowed and his eyes narrowed as he spoke through the phone. His grip tightened around the device.

"Chaemin, you listen here." His voice was deep and harsh, enough to shut Chaemin up.

He couldn't control his anger. What should he say to stop her from feeling this way? He already wasted too much time talking to her on the phone. Should he call it quits? Is he about to lose two important people? He didn't know.

He didn't know why.

He didn't give it much thought.

He did know that the words slipped out of his tongue faster than he intended.

"I love you and only you."

She believed him.

But why did he regret saying it?

°•. ✿ .•°