Chapter 5: Nightmare

The events of yesterday resulted in the both of them returning home to make sure Agent 8 was okay. That night agent 8 had a terrible nightmare....

Tossing and turning in her sleep, she was sweating like mad; mubling things like "no...stop...this....isnt you!".

~enter dream~Agent 8s' POV~

Here I stood before him. He wasn't acting like himself. Whenever I tried to speak all that came was silence. My screams went unheard,unnoticed by his sharp glare.

Dodging another splatbomb, I cried out as loud as I could "STOP! PLEASE!". ALL he did was grunt and began to shoot at me once more. After running for cover, I found that all had gone silent. Looking up from my hiding spot, there he stood. His eyes glowing just the same as when we had first met. "Tartar..." I mumbled. Immediately as I had spoken, (A/3) jumped forward and pointed his hero shot at me. Luckily I dodged and attempted to escape.

Just when I had thought I was safe, a shadow flew towards me, slamming me to the ground and pinning me there. The air had been knocked right out of me and I had to take a moment to realize where we were. There he sat atop of me with his hero shot pointed directly to my head. Tears filling my eyes, the last words I spoke were "please, stop this....".

~End Dream~

Gasping for air, agent 8 shot up like a firecracker. Breathing heavily, she took a moment to observe her surroundings. "My....room?" She thought. Moving her hand to her eyes, she realized she had been crying. "A nightmare?...". Slowly moving the covers from her, she stood up and made her way to the kitchen. There she found the one person she didn't want to see at the moment.

He just sat there with a face full of icecream as he looked at you with surprise. Speaking with his mouth full he said "um, Hey?". The sight before agent 8 was so funny, she just started crying and laughing right and there. Falling to her knees she just fell apart.

Agent 3 had some mixed feelings about her actions. Not only was he worried that she was crying, but also confused as to her laughter. Panicking, he swallowed his pride and tried somthing "What? Never seen a man eat icecream late at night?". At those words, 8 just continued to laugh. Smiling slightly, 3 gazed at 8 happily. He wasn't sure as to why she had acted the way she had done just now but at least he knew that she was a little better now.

After 8 had calmed down she did somthing unexpected; 3 had stood at the sink washing his dish when she approached from behind and hugged him tightly. 3 let out a small yelp at the sudden affection, his face now as red as crusty Sean. 8 whispered "Thank you, for being so kind to me" blushing a small bit herself. 3 was as stiff as a log but turned around in her embrace and held her to his chest "You don't have to thank me, I'm just happy that you're here" he said quietly. The two looked each other in the eyes as their faces grew closer and closer.

Knock knock knock!

The sudden noise coming from the front door pulled the two back into reality as the separated from each other, both so red they could put shame to Sean.

Agent 3 snapped out of the embarrassment of his actions and walked to open the door. Outside stood pearl. "Pearl? What are you doing here so...late?" 3 asked. Panting heavily pearl said "Marina! *pant* she's not at home!". Pearl seemed panicked, the opposite of her cool squid vibe. 8 heard the news and her eyes widened in surprise. Running next to 3, 8 whispered "Do you have any idea where she could have gone?!". Pearl nodded no and 8 spoke without speaking "I think this may be my fault...". 3 looked at 8 questioningly "your fault?".

8 covered her mouth with her hands. 3 roughly grabbed her hands and yanked them away from her face "What are you saying?!" He said, slightly raising his voice. 8s' eye began darting around the room "I think she and I had some sort of history, I remembered something yesterday when I collapsed and was going to ask about it".

3 just took a step backwards In shock "Why did you hide it from me then? Why!" He began yelling. 8 yelped in fear of the sudden change in his tone. Pearl stepped in and said " look! We don't have time for this! If what Agent 8 says is true, she may hold the key to finding Marina!". Agent 3 just scoffed as walked angrily to his room.

Pearl saw that 8 had curled up in a ball and began to sob quietly. Sighing, pearl reached out to comfort her. "You don't need to worry, he's just worried about you..." she tried to sound nice, comforting people was not what pearl did best.

Pearl heard 8 mumble somthing unnerving "his eyes were just as they were in my nightmare". Before pearl had time to question anything, 3 had finished up in his room and had his hero shot ready. 8 looked up at him and saw the weapon in his hands. Fear had taken her whole being as she sat there frozen, flashing between her dream and reality,she quickly got up, almost tripping, and ran to her room. Agent 3 was still pissed, but also worried about her reaction to the sight of her weapon.

Pearl stood there staring at where 8 had ran and disappeared. "She said your eyes looked just the same as her nightmare...do you know what that means?" Pearl said in a low and concerned tone. 3s' eyes had widened, why had he always been so oblivious to her feelings. Grippi g his hero shot tighter he walked out the door "could you talk to her...I don't know what to do".

Pearl headed in to speak with 8, leaving 3 to his conflicted feelings of anger, sadness, confusion, and a thousand other things he couldn't understand.

That's when an image of her flashed in His head. He had sworn to protect 8....because he had not been able to protect her.

Agent 0