Chapter 20:Home

As the months rolled by, you found yourself sitting in your classroom, the monotony of the day stretching out before you. With heavy eyelids, you gazed lazily out of the window, watching the clouds drift by in the expansive sky.

'This is so boring,' you thought to yourself, your mind wandering as you tried to discern shapes in the billowing clouds. But amidst the idle daydreaming, a nagging thought tugged at the corners of your mind.

'Boss hasn't contacted me ever since that day,' you realized, a flicker of irritation crossing your features as you recalled your last encounter with your elusive superior.

'Ah, this is fucking infuriating,' you muttered inwardly, your brows furrowing in frustration. The lack of communication left you feeling restless and unsettled, the absence of directives from your boss leaving you adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

'Should I go and visit him..?' The thought crossed your mind momentarily, but you quickly dismissed it. You remembered your brothers' discussions about the necessity of keeping your distance from the organization as much as possible.

'Hmm... I'm in a pretty tight situation, but screw it,' you thought, rolling your eyes in frustration. Your gaze wandered to the whiteboard where the teacher droned on about various topics. It was all too familiar to you, having already received advanced lessons during your training with the organization.

You sighed inwardly, feeling the weight of boredom settling in as you endured the mundane lessons that held no challenge for someone with your background

__________

The morning class ended, signaling the start of the lunch break. Despite having no appetite, you decided to head straight to the school garden, hoping the fresh air would clear your mind.

Finding a bench nestled beside a sturdy tree, you took a seat and gazed up at the sky. The gentle rustle of leaves and the soft caress of the breeze provided a soothing backdrop.

'Having no dreams nor ambitions sure feels empty,' you mused, the realization hitting you unexpectedly. The weight of that realization settled over you as you closed your eyes, attempting to push aside the troubling thoughts and find some semblance of calm.

But before you could fully relax and allow your mind to quiet, you heard familiar voices passing by, disrupting the solitude you sought.

"Yah, hyung, were you the one who told those group of girls that I always hang out on the rooftop?" a voice with wild suspicions rang out, followed by a nonchalant hum.

"Well, they were bothering me, so I guess might as well pass them to you," came the response, laced with evident irritation.

"Now now, it's not like that's the only place to hang out, Jungkook-ah. There are plenty of secret hideouts here on campus anyways," a deeper voice chimed in, attempting to pacify the fiery one.

"Fine but-- Ah! Y/n," he mentioned suddenly, catching your attention. You opened your eyes and saw three of your brothers walking together.

"Yo," you called out, offering a lazy smile as they approached.

"Oh, what are you doing here, Y/n-ah, and alone too?" Taehyung's voice broke through the peaceful ambiance of the garden, his eyes scanning the surroundings as if expecting to find your usual companions nearby. You couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for intentionally avoiding your friends, seeking solace in solitude for the time being. 'I'm sure they'll understand,' you reassured yourself, your excuse to your friends lingering in your thoughts.

"Just needed some fresh air," you replied casually, your gaze fixated on the sky above as you attempted to maintain a sense of composure.

Jimin settled in beside you, his presence bringing a comforting warmth to the cool afternoon air. "Did you eat lunch yet?" he inquired, his voice laced with concern. You shook your head in response, a sigh escaping your lips. "Didn't have any appetite," you admitted softly, your gaze still focused on the patch of blue sky visible through the foliage of the tree providing shelter overhead.

"Feeling sick?" Jungkook's sudden touch on your forehead caught you off guard, eliciting a slight jump from you. "I'm fine, you know," you reassured him, attempting to downplay any concerns, "There are just days when you have no appetite at all, and maybe today happens to be one of those days for me."

"Eh? But Namjoon hyung did say that when people are about to die, in the weeks and days before death, the body slowly shuts down," Taehyung interjected, his words sinking in like lead weights as a heavy realization dawned upon everyone. The atmosphere in the garden shifted, the silence now suffocating.

...

Before anyone could react further, Jimin made a decisive move, pulling out his phone with the intention of calling an ambulance. "I'm calling the ambulance". Panic began to well up inside you, prompting you to swiftly take the phone out of his grasp, your heart racing with a mix of fear and frustration.

"You guys are misunderstanding something," you interjected quickly, flashing an awkward smile to try and ease the tension.

"The family doctor is on vacation," Taehyung mumbled, clearly racking his brain for another solution. "We can just bring him back forcefully," Jungkook suggested, his words prompting nods of agreement from the trio of brothers, much to your exasperation.

"These idiots!" you thought, shaking your head internally at their impulsive plan.

"Yah--!" Before you could voice your protest, the bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch break. You let out a sigh of disbelief, feeling the weight of the situation press down on you. As you looked up, you found Taehyung patting your head, his gesture offering a small semblance of comfort amidst the chaos.

"Now now, joking aside, Our little sister should take care of herself," Taehyung said softly, pushing a cream bread towards you. As his hand withdrew, another replaced it, ruffling your head playfully. You shot a playful glare at Jungkook, who grinned mischievously in return.

"Hyung is right, better eat it all up," Jungkook chimed in, pushing another food item towards you. Cream puffs this time, you noted with a raised eyebrow.

In a predictable cycle, Jimin stepped in next, patting your head but this time, he seemed to be fixing the mess Jungkook had made. You sighed in relief, grateful for the presence of at least one sane person amidst the chaos, though you chose to overlook his earlier mischievous intentions.

"Better finish them, Y/n-ah, if you don't want me to tell Jin hyung," Jimin whispered the last words, sending shivers down your spine.

'This Devil--' 

He then pushed a sandwich on you in which you were about to retort but they were already far ahead, 'Ah! shit, Class is about to begin!' With a resigned sigh, you muttered a thanks that they could hear as you hurried off to your classroom, realizing that class was about to begin and you had no time to argue further.

__________