○ FIFTEEN ○

○ FIFTEEN ○

"Mum! What are you doing here?" I asked before letting out a nervous laugh.

Her eyes narrowed. My smile fading, I slowly got up off the ground. "So, what's happening between you and Matthew?" She asked as I followed her to the kitchen.

My hands tightened in my pocket. "Nothing much, why?" I asked stupidly.

She sat down and glared at me as I rounded the bench. "I don't know, maybe because I look out my window and instead of seeing cute birds I see my daughter kissing the boy across the road" she replied.

"He kissed me" I started but my mother ignored that and continued on.

"But I'm not angry because I'm happy you've moved on from hating him but don't you think it's too soon, you've only just become good friends" she said, picking up her coffee cup.

I sighed. "That's what I kept thinking, but things started to go so fast and I didn't know how to slow it down" I replied, still sighing and running a hand through my hair.

"Honey, just promise me you won't rush or do anything you are not comfortable with" she said,  walking over to the sink and rinsing out her cup.

I nodded and she turned around, touching my cheek. "You're an adult and I trust you but please  just think before doing" she replied.

"Yes, I will" I replied.

She leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead. "I have to go to work, take it easy tonight" she said, walking over to the center aisle and picking up her handbag.

"Okay" I said as she walked towards the front door.

I turned and trudge up the stairs, making way for my bedroom. I opened the door, letting out a scream. Matthew chuckled as he sat on the edge of my bed. "Honestly, I know I'm hot but the scream isn't necessary" he said, leaning back.

I glared at him as I closed the door. "What are you doing in here and how did you get in?" I asked, glancing at the window and seeing it was locked.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you" he replied.

I rolled my eyes, walking over to my study desk. Plopping my myself onto the seat,I turned to face the wannabe rocker. Matt tilted his head. "This is awkward now, isn't it?" He asked, almost laughing.

I blushed slightly. "It's only awkward when you say it is, I just have a lot on my mind" I replied, shrugging one shoulder.

Matt frowned and stood up, walking towards me. "Anything I can do?" He asked, kneeling in front of me.

He took my hands and the gesture was so sweet, my heart slipped a best. "No, unless you can tell Courtney to back off, Alana to grow up and Chris to text me" I replied, sighing.

"I'm sorry Shels, that Courtney is using you to direct her anger.. that's my doing" he replied, frowning.

I shook my head. "No it's not, she a lunatic who needs to learn when enough is enough" I said, my fingers entwining with his.

He let go of one hand and reached up to brush my hair back before cupping my cheek. "What is it about you?" He asked, smiling slightly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Something about you is just so addictive.."he trailed off.

I blushed again and ducked my head. "Don't hide" he said gently.

Lifting my chin, I watched him as he leaned closer. Pressing his lips to the back of my hand. He stood up and moved a few steps back, walking over to my staircase.

My room reflected who I was. String fairy lights hung from my curtains and photos.were strung across my bookcase. Some displaying my brother and I. Others with Alana or my mother. "Cute" he said, looking at one with myself and my mother poking faces with filters.

He turned around, holding a book. "I remember this book" he said, walking back towards the bed.

"Yeah me too" I replied, standing up and joining him.

It was a hand written book by 7 year old Matthew and 5 year old me. I pointed at scribble on the front and laughed. "Hey, don't diss the mohawk!" Matthew scolded me jokingly.

He turned the page and two stick figures were standing under a bright pink drawn love heart. "Matty and Shels forever" it said scribbled.

Matt's thumb ghosted over the words. "We were so naive" he said, turning the page.

The whole book was about Prince Matty saving Princess Shels. "Yeah, guess we didn't realise how much society fucks things up" I replied.

Matt glanced at me, closing the book. "I'm glad we're talking again, I've really missed this" he said, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah me too" I replied, smiling sadly.

"You know my mum used to love you, she'd always say no matter how much we fought, we'd always come back to each other" he said, as his bottom lip quivered.

I moved my hand and placed it on his. "If you ever need to talk about it, I'm here for you" I said, looking at our hands.

He turned his hand over to our hands rested palm to palm. "I know" he replied.

Tugging in his hand, I fell back on my bed, my hair billowing out beside me and into my face. Matthew did the same, turning his head to look at me.

We laid side by side just looking at each other. "Do you want to do something crazy?" He asked suddenly.

I frowned. "Like what?" I asked, as his thumb caressed the top of my hand.

"I don't know, something strictly crazy, let's break a rule" he said, his hand tightening on mine.

I chuckled. "You're insane" I said, shaking my head.

"That may be true but why can't we live a little? We are young and we can be a little dumb" he said, shrugging one shoulder.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, looking at him curiously.

His grin widened. "Well mi'lady, how willing are you to step out of your comfort zone?"

A/N

Uh oh. Mum knows now. Awks.
But at least she wasn't weird about it.

But the cute fluff moments between Matt and Shelby are just so good!
Shame it won't last long.. *evil laugh*

What do you think Matt's going to do?
Dont forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, T xoxoxoxoxo