Chapter 17: As Long As I Can Be With Her

(A/N updated)

Taehyung's POV

I'm here in my office, doing the usual, of course, that would be work. I never run out of paperworks and things to deal with in this company everyday. But its fine, I'm used to it.

Besides, I'm doing this for the better.

Everything was going smoothly and normally, that was until Park Xiu arrived.

It all started with a knock on my office door.

"Come in.." I muttered, my gaze transfixed on the laptop screen.

"Uhm excuse me, Mr. Kim.." I heard my assistant's voice, without looking up to her, I replied with a simple "Mhm?"

"Someone wants to see you---"

"Didn't I tell you I'm busy and I don't accept visitors today?" I asked irritably, finally looking up to her.

"Um, yes sir.. But you see, he said it was urgent and he had the right to see his.. son.." the assistant replied awkwardly as I furrowed my brows.

"Umm-- and he, just.. He just barged in the lounging area and he even attempted to—"

"--Let him in." I said flatly.

"Wh- what?" the assistant blinked, stunned because of my sudden reply.

"I said let him in." I repeated in a stern voice.

"O..okay.." she said and bowed before leaving the office.

I wonder what he's visiting for. If he's gonna ask for forgiveness again, I swear I'm going to lose it.

Soon enough, I heard the sound of the door opening, without looking up to see who it was, I knew, it was him.

I could see from my peripheral vision that he walked towards the seat in front of my desk and sat on it.

"What do you want?" I asked neutrally.

"Son, I.. I need your help" he muttered softly, but since the office was silent, I heard what he said clearly.

"Help on what?" I asked, stifling a chuckle. "You already have everything. What could you possibly want from your illegitimate son?"

"Please.. Just this once, don't shut me out and listen. Its about Hyumin." he said, that word hit all my pressure points.

Seeing that I didn't reply, I heard him sigh.

"I know that you know his situation right now and I know you're also worried for him. You've been close since childhood, even though you try to shut him out at times, I know you also loved him as a brother." he said, sadness masked in his voice.

"Is.. is he okay?" I finally couldn't help but ask. He can't be.. andwae, I shouldn't assume things.

"Yes, but we don't know when he'll wake up. The doctors think there's a chance of him not waking up even, but he's under every treatment possible right now. So our hopes are high that he'll wake up." he replied

"So, what was that help you were asking for?" I asked, finally looking up to him.

"I need you to pretend to be Hyumin." he replied seriously.

Wait. Did I just hear that right?

"I need you to pretend to be Hyumin"

"What? That's crazy. Why would I do that?" I asked, still processing what he said.

"Its the only way to save Park Enterprises. To save him from his downfall." he said.

"Downfall?" I asked curiously.

"Most of our investors and partners already think Hyumin isn't going to survive, and even if he does, that would take months, and during those months, who will keep Park Enterprises going? I'm already retired and Seonmi is not that good in handling business. So they plan on buying it from us, they want to take the company away from us. From Hyumin.." he trailed off

"When Hyumin's going to wake up, the company he worked so hard on, the company he awaited to be his. Its gonna be long gone." he continued, taking a deep breath.

"Thats why we need your help. Hyumin needs your help. You need to pretend as Hyumin and marry Jisoo, for Park Enterprises to rise again" he said

Marry Jisoo? As Hyumin?

....

"Don't worry, Jisoo will be aware that you are not Hyumin, and the marriage of course, is just for show, meaning its fake." he spoke once again.

"I'll do it." I said emotionlessly.

He looked stunned when I said that, but eventually came back to his senses and nodded.

"I knew you'd do it, for Hyumin." he said

Not just for Hyumin, but I'm also doing this to be with her.

He then got up. "I better get going, I'll just keep you updated on what's happening through text. Thank you." he smiled and walked out of the office.

I sighed as I leaned on my chair.

If this is the only way for me to get closer to her. To see her everyday, to check what condition she's in. Then I'll do it.

As long as I can be with her. I'll do everything, even if I'll marry her as a different person. Even if the marriage is fake. Hey, its still me, with her.

And that's all that matters.

~~~

Annyeong! Thanks for reading! I'll update tomorrow since I'm already sleepy and can't continue. Btw, this is a filler chapter so you'll know why Taehyung was Hyumin at the last chapter.

Apologies for wrong grammars and typos, I'll try to fix them as soon as possible. You can even help me by pointing them out.

Feel free to follow my wattpad account for updates on my message board.

Goodnight~

*update

Annyeong. Sorry if I didn't update like I promised, I've been really stressed these past days so I think I'll focus on my life for a bit now, don't worry I have drafts saved though and it just needs a bit of editing. I need space from social networks so yeah, I won't update sooner or later. Thank you for understanding. Lovelots, Kawaiie_Jichuu

**Votes, Comments, and Sharing are highly appreciated**

👑👑👑