2.9

So this chapter took an unexpected turn whilst I was writing, so I hope you enjoy. Its not really what I was expecting to write, but sometimes that ends up being best.

Maddie's POV

"Goodmorning!" I cheer as I walk through Ashton's front door. I am quickly greeted to the smell of our Saturday morning breakfast and Ashton's large arms lifting me off of the ground.

"Goodmorning Madds," Ashton squeezes me so hard that I gasp for air, hitting my fists against his back. He carries me a few feet, giggles ringing in my ear, before setting me down in the kitchen.

Both of us begin to pile up our plates, a sleepy Calum dragging his feet down the hall. Calum's messy hair was hidden under his beanie, his sweatpants resting lowly on his bare chest. Yawning, he took a seat across from Ashton and me.

"Mornin," Calum croaks softly. I make him a plate, sliding it across the table.

"I watched the covers you guys uploaded last week," I take a bite of my waffle, "They were actually really good."

Luke had mentioned them to me a few days ago and I finally got around to watching them.

"Thanks, they are alright," Ashton shrugs nonchalantly.

"They have a lot of views you know!" I was surprised when I went to go watch them that I wasn't the first viewer.

"Half of them were probably me," Ashton jokes, clearly denying any success.

"Some guy from a studio called us the other day," Calum opens his eyes, slowly waking up as he takes a bite of his bacon. "He wants us to record with him tomorrow."

"Are you serious?" I choke. I sat there with my mouth open. The two of them try to shrug it off at first, but slowly their act chips away. They glance at each other before breaking out into full smiles, rambling off all of the details.

"Our video got 17,000 views in four days!"

"He watched all of our videos, even the old ones!"

"Some girl came up to me yesterday and like knew who I was!"

"We have another gig this week!"

"Maddie, people are actually starting to like us..."

These boys, the boys that I have seen acting like idiots, working for hours every morning to do what they love, eating enough food to feed my school, loving each other like brothers, they were finally becoming something. I don't know what just yet, but something.

"You work hard, its finally starting to show," I high-five them both.

"We aren't going to get our hopes up. It is just one studio session, he could end up hating us," Calum points out the hard truth.

"It's just a few fans, they can easily forget us," Ashton pushes around his eggs, "We need to work even harder now."

"You guys can do this, you got this far already," I tried to reassure them, to make them see this could actually happen for them. It was a long shot, but I didn't want them to give up just yet.

"We will see," Ashton got up, collecting everyone's plates and dropping them into the sink. "Are busy tonight Madds? We haven't hung out just the two of us in a while," Ashton glares at Calum.

"Yesterday you went to the arcade!" Calum tried to defend himself. We have all gotten so close lately that it seemed as if everyone was always together.

"No, Michael was there too," Ashton grumbles.

"I would Ash, but I have dinner with my father," I rest my head in my hands. Both boys stop and look at me, eyes widening.