Permission- 94

Kirishima pov
Falling to sleep that night was pretty difficult. Once I had returned to my apartment, it felt so lonely, as if all the life from my home had been drained. I wasn't crying, just feeling an overwhelming sense of loss and rage. Just the memory of Cupid angered me, the way he completely disregarded my thoughts all for some kiss. And, mixed in with all that was the sickness I felt for the reunion in the upcoming week. I would be seeing Katsuki for the first time in two years, and I didn't know what to expect. How would he feel towards me? Would he be happy or mad? Would he completely hate me? I groaned as I took off my day clothes and got into bed. In the back of my mind, I had always wondered if it was for the best, making Katsuki stay in Musutafu city, but after seeing his success there, I knew. Yet still, for selfish reasons I'd consider what life would've been like if we stayed together, if he moved to Haneki with me. Would we be married, thinking about kid names? I shook my head against the pillow, there was no point trying to picture it, it'd just hurt too much. After breaking up, I spenta month or so trying to talk to him, until eventually I gave up. It was clear he wanted nothing to do with me, so I thought it'd be the best if I tried to feel the same. There was a time when I had even convinced myself I was over him, around dating Cupid. But once I realised I still felt alone no matter who I was with, I knew I still cared for him. It was only tonight when I realised how much though, the drive home gave me time to really think back. I'd be surprised if he still had any feelings towards me, after all he said he never wanted us to speak again; how could he still like me?

It was Monday, the week of the reunion; I had decided I would want a week off for it. The idea of spending the time before with Cupid was too stressful, and I just wanted to relax before the upcoming days. So, I pulled into the car-park that was next to our office; Haneki Heroes. As I got out and headed to the doors, I noticed Cupid's car was already there; great. Deciding there was no point in wearing my costume, I just wore a red t-shirt and some grey sweatpants. "Hi Red Riot, if you're wondering, Cupid is on the fourth floor." Said Lucy, the receptionist.
"Oh, no I'm just here to talk to the boss, asking for a few day leave." I smiled at her; I always thought Lucy was nice.
"I'll tell him you're on your way up."

I reached the top floor, and the office of Mr Ko, my boss. "Hey." I smiled, closing the door behind me. It was only until I turned around did I notice who else was in the room; Cupid.
"Please, Kirishima, take a seat." I did as the boss asked, sitting down in the armchair next to Sora. I briefly looked at him, turning away before he could do anything. "So, you wanted to ask me something?" Ko stated, leaning back in his chair.
"Oh, yes- right. I was wondering if I could have the week off? I'm just not feeling too good and I'll be leaving on Friday to-"
"To Masutafu, Yes?" It was clear Mr Ko already knew my plans, either from Cupid or the media, who liked to talk about the famous reunion.
"Err- yes." I nodded quickly before turning to Sora. "Boss, can I ask why Cupid's here?" Whatever it was, I knew I couldn't be good by the small smile on the white-haired man's face.
"Well you see, in Masutafu, the Hoshi office holds a special ball for other companies and heroes to attend, it's some sort of fundraiser-" my ears instantly pricked up at the name 'Hoshi', it was were Katsuki worked. Cupid seemed to know that as well, since he couldn't stop giving me glances. "Anyway, they usually ask for some heroes from each office to go, and since you'll be in the city, I thought- 'why not send Red Riot and Cupid."
"But-"
"It'll work out perfectly-" Sora was now speaking, with Ko nodding in agreement with him. "You see, you get the week off, head down to Masutafu for that dumb reunion. I'll come down on the Tuesday, did we say Tuesday?" He turned to boss.
"Yes, a Tuesday."
"Yeah so I'll come on the Tuesday and we'll just stay for the week doing whatever, then we go to the ball on Saturday?" He sighed with a grin. "God that was a mouth-full." The whole plan sounded awful, forcing me to spend a whole week with someone I wasn't on the best terms with, in a city I hadn't visited in two years, with confusing emotions for someone who could possibly hate me. Sitting in that armchair, it felt as if I was about to cry.
"Oh and Kirishima, this isn't up for debate. You can have your time off starting today, but afterwards you'll be having a week in Masutafu." I nodded, feeling completed deflated. At least I knew what my time off would consist of; me dreading the upcoming week.