·2·

felix woke up the next morning, very tired, but no matter how hard he tried to hide under his comforter, his mother still had the audacity to scream up the stairs how she'd pull his ass out of bed and into the oven if he didnt get up. something about how if he wasnt going to study, he would be put to good use. felix was scared honestly.

he went along his morning routine, pulling on some overalls and a pink shirt, rolling up the sleeves and pants legs. he messed his strawberry blond hair up, hoping his mother wouldnt notice he hadn't bothered to brush or comb it.

he went downstairs, where his mother had breakfast prepared. he greeted his mom as she set his plate down. her eyes caught something felix hadnt even bothered to see.

"felix sweetie, have you perhaps met your soulmate already?" felix looked up from his plate, already shoving the eggs and bacon into his mouth, confused.

"i dont think so. why mom?" his mother pointed to his wrist. there, a small little rose was painted in ink, the petals delicate looking, obviously being too tedious for an actual tattoo.

 there, a small little rose was painted in ink, the petals delicate looking, obviously being too tedious for an actual tattoo

felix nearly choked on his bacon. "wHaT? I HADNT EVEN NOTICED IT." the boy began to hyperventilate.

"it was someone you met at school yesterday then."

felix groaned. "but thats just it mom. i met nearly half the 10th grade population. even some upperclassmen."

"theres no way you could know unless they approach you from seeing yours or unless you see the tattoo yourself. and since youre bisexual, theres no way you could know if your soulmates a girl or boy."

felix blushed at the last part. he was pretty open about his sexuality with his parents and they didnt really care who he liked as long as they treat him right. his mother liked to tease him every now and then but now was really not the time.

who could his soulmate be?