52

LANI

After I get out the shower, Lonzo and I both get dressed.

"I hope you're wearing a cover up with that, little girl!" Lonzo smacks my butt

I shake my head no.

"Pull your shirt down as much you can, I don't wanna see that much skin- there's gone be niggas at this thing and I can't have them lookin at what's mine!"

I smile at Lonzo.

That was real cute, I don't know why.

_____

We make it to Danni's graduation ceremony and I see Rain talking to Danni.

Danni and Rain haven't completely made up, but I know Rain, she'd never miss her little sisters graduation.

Rain and some of my other family members sit with us and as they start to call people's names, the person's family members start cheering.

There is a camera person in front of us recording for an episode of Ball In The Family.

"We gotta be the loudest ones y'all!" LaMelo says.

Danni is next to be called.

"Danielle Rivers!" The person calls.

Everyone starts to cheer as loud as they can causing people to look at us.

I see Danni's head look in our direction and she smiles and laughs while waving in our direction.
_____

After the graduation Danni walks towards everyone.

She receives her congratulations from her friends along the way.

Once she reaches us, she starts to take pictures with her parents and the rest of her family.

"Come on Lani!" Danni calls for me.

We pose for a picture and Rain takes it for us.

_____

DANNI

After taking a bunch of pictures, I see LaMelo standing alone.

Well, he isn't completely alone, he has a camera guy next to him recording.

I walk over to him.

He has his back towards me and I hear him talking to someone on the phone.

"Ashley, I don't know how you even made a fake Polaroid picture of the two of us kissing, but I don't know why you thought that you doing something like this would make us get back together!" LaMelo says.

He pauses for a second listening to Ashley.

"All you've done was make me lose a girl that I actually saw a future with! You fucked it up being childish man, she's never gonna take me back and it's all your fucking fault!" LaMelo hangs up the phone.

LaMelo turns around and his eyes are watery.

He sees me standing there and he wipes his tears away.

"What do you mean fake Polaroid picture?" I asked LaMelo.

"I mean what I said...it's fake." LaMelo says looking away from me. "I haven't seen Ashley since we broke up. We've talked on the phone because she comes to me for help with shit, but I haven't been with her in person."

"Why didn't you just tell me that instead of going along with it?" I asked LaMelo.

"Do you honestly believe you would've believed me?" LaMelo asked. "You would've been like 'I have this proof right here, this is you isn't it?' and you would've left me...just like you did. I didn't see a point in saying anything that sounded so stupid out loud...so I didn't."

I blink a few times thinking about what LaMelo has said.

"You're right..." I look down frowning to myself. "I should've asked you for your side of the story like Lonzo said and I'm sorry."

LaMelo looks at me and he smack his lips.

He grabs my chin making me look at him.

"Stop...be happy! It's your graduation day!" LaMelo smiles.

I smile back at him.

"We should get back to the group though," LaMelo says.

I nod my head.

He starts to walk away and I grab his hand.

I feel us both tense up, but then we both relax walking hand in hand back to the group.

_____