Prologue

The sounds of light snoring echoed from the master bedroom as James Potter attempted to sleep in late that Sunday morning

The sounds of light snoring echoed from the master bedroom as James Potter attempted to sleep in late that Sunday morning. The snoring almost becoming a whimsical tune that whistled through the household. It was almost never his intention to sleep in, but some mornings or rather afternoons, he simply couldn't help himself. The alarm clock by his bedside had been knocked off the nightstand, cast into a dark and dusty corner to be ignored even though no time had been set to begin with. However, James didn't want to take the risk of being bothered early in the morning as he had only gone to bed when he began to see the sunlight take to the dark night skies.

Beside him in bed, his girlfriend, Renata Abate had been asleep as well as the two of them had stayed up into the wee morning hours just talking and cuddling on the sofa until they realised just how late it was. They had clumsily climbed into bed, the sheets becoming tangled between them as they rolled about to get into comfortable sleeping positions. With Renata sleeping on her side, James took to spooning her with one arm draped over her waist pulling her close to him before burying his face into his pillow. Sleep overcame the couple quickly, but for the two of them, their rest didn't last nearly as long as they wanted.

While they had gone to bed late, Harry had fallen asleep around seven in the evening after spending a great deal of the day playing with the majority of his newest toys that he had gotten for Christmas. Which meant that he was well rested by the time the early morning hours rolled around and he simply couldn't just sit around by himself and wait until someone woke up. At around seven in the morning, the three-year-old made his way out of his bedroom and entered the room where he found his parents sound asleep.

He walked over to Renata's side of the bed, placing his teddy bear near her before he climbed up to wake her. Gently, he placed his small hand against the side of her face and began shaking her until she stirred from her slumber. Despite being exhausted, Renata opened her eyes and lifted her head from her pillow to greet him with a sleepy smile.

"James," she called over her shoulder, a grunt emitting from him as his response, " I think Harry is in the room, but I can't see him anywhere."

Harry paused as he sat before her and watched as James lifted his head up with a sleepy expression. His eyes scanned the room and settled on Harry before he looked away quickly to play along with Renata's game or rather her trick.

"I don't see him in here either, are you sure he's in here?"

"I heard his voice."

"Mummy! Daddy!" Harry called out to them, but they continued looking around the room in confusion. The toddler proceeded to wave his hands in their faces, jump on them, but still, they acted like they couldn't see him.

In the most recent days, Harry had fallen back into his phase of not wanting to wear his frames anymore taking to leave them behind anywhere that he could, whether it was in the hedges at the Burrow, under his own bed, in the cupboards, or even in the garden. One day he was hoping to outsmart his parents when it came to successfully hiding them, however, he learned very quickly that morning that it was not that day as of yet as they still possessed the upper hand.