Chapter 33 - The Necromancer

Ezz P.O.V.

"Ezz, when will we return back to the academy? We have been roaming around the large forests and ended up in the outskirts of the beastkin's kingdom. The troops are getting restless."

"We will reach our destination soon Bevo. For now, tend to the army and calm them down until we arrive near a village. The more troops to be added to my army the better, they can loosen up and have a good meal there as well." A sinister smile crawls onto my face as I look at the knight in dark armor while he lifts his helmet off his head.

"Really... you are one scary man." As he turns to face me with his skeletal head. His two eyesockets with crisp blue flames lighting within them flare up immensely.

Bevo is my right hand man. He always stands by my side and has yet to disappoint. As an undead, I've felt that he has the most potential, even if he's already leagues ahead of the rest of my army. Even with his unrivaled loyalty, his expanded knowledge, and overwhelming strength, he continues to grow.

"You know I won't allow some idiotic moral code hold me back. I will kill who I want to kill, and I will turn who I want to turn." I spin around and admire my growing army of undead. Bevo may have been my most successful skeleton, but this army, it's my dream.

"Hey Bevo, What do you think of raising some ghouls next?" Yet I feel that my army has been missing something but I have not been able to find what it might be.

"Are you sure you should bring ghouls and zombies close to each other? You know they might try to kill each other." He tilts his head while a cracking noise leaves his neck.

"It'll be for the best, after all the strong devour the weak. If the ghouls lose to zombies then they shouldn't have been in my army in the first place." I motion for a skeleton to hand me my map as I search for the nearest village.

"There, the Soabadge village. We will attack that village with the same strategy as the last one. Kill the warriors and mages while they switch shifts in the dark of night. Don't destroy their bodies completely and make sure to bring them to the largest building." The skeleton grabs the map and starts walking away back to its position at the back of the army.

"What do you say my friend? Ready to lead again?" I turn to Bevo as he wears his helmet again.

"Of course. Leave them to me." He raises his arm and fires an arcane shot into the air. After exploding from reaching a high altitude into a large sphere of pure magic, it attracts the attention of all the undead.

I look back to the distant horizon where the sun starts leaving us for the day.

"My dream is almost complete... soon I will become the king."