Chapter 41

I was finishing up a quick work out at my home gym

I was finishing up a quick work out at my home gym. Something that I do on occasion to clear my head. My heart was pumping and sweat was dripping as I finished off my last set.

Putting down the dumbbells I picked up my phone deciding to post on Snapchat; something I've been slacking on.

Willing my body to get up from the bench, I headed straight back to my bedroom to shower and get ready for bed

The cool water of the shower was refreshing against my warm skin. I stayed unmoving under then shower head letting the water run down my body as I let a sigh out. My thoughts going to the next game the team has against the Texans.

That was the one team I knew was gonna be hard to beat, which was why this week I focused on preparation for game day. My team currently had a perfect record and I planned on keeping it that way.

On cue, my thoughts switched to Nadia and how I wouldn't be seeing much of her this week. It's actually crazy how much she invades my thoughts.

Never have I met a girl who made me fall so far so fast. Not even did I feel this way with any other girls I've dated.

With Nadia, it was like a breath of fresh air. She didn't care about the fame or hype around my name like any of the other girls I've dated in college and my rookie year. She was a genuine person too, unlike Laurel—not that you could really compare the two in any aspect.

Zoning back in from my thoughts, I realized I was standing in the shower a bit too long and I quickly began to lather and wash my body completing my shower.

Stepping out, I wrapped my towel around my waist. Grabbing another, I dried my hair down. To finish off, I did the rest of my nightly routine throwing on a pair of boxers lastly.

I made my way into bed and turned the TV on in hopes something interesting was on. I begin to surf mindlessly through channels. Out of frustration, I flipped to my last resort—the ESPN channel.