• thirty-nine •

Jimin had always envisioned his first date (after realising his sexuality) to go how it does in movies - with that bad-boy type becoming a softie only for him and taking him to the most expensive restaurants and romantic secret spots. To be walked back to his front porch and kissed so gently. He realised now that he didn't prefer that. Not at all.

He liked the kiss before the date, and the market place fairy lights. He liked the boy who was really more awkward then tough and he liked how they kissed at the front door, in the middle of the hallway, because they lived together in the same apartment complex. The kiss was gentle, but there was also this heated desire that kept them pressed together.

Kisses used to mean nothing to Yoongi. They used to feel boring and more like a necessity than an intimate gesture. However, he had since realised that he was just kissing the wrong people. Like trial and error, until he'd finally found the right answer.

Slowly, Jimin unwrapped his arms from around Yoongi's neck and stepped back, hitting the door behind him. He cleared his throat and spun around, hiding his goofy smile by unlocking the front door and pushing it open to the dark apartment.

"Wait!" Yoongi suddenly yelled, "can you just . . . wait in the living for a minute?"

Jimin looked at the man with a bewildered expression, ". . . why?"

Yoongi pulled the boy to the couch and sat him down, "I have to set up one last surprise."

And with that, Yoongi was disappearing down the hallway. Jimin sat in silence on the couch, thinking over the past hour and how special it had felt. His heart was still fluttering and butterflies were still in his stomach – but the good kind. The kind that kept a smile on his face, whether he wanted to hide it or not.

He fiddled with his fingers in his laps for what was much longer than a minute before Yoongi finally reappeared again, dressed in his pyjamas.

"Uh . . . Minnie?" Yoongi hesitantly asked.

Jimin drew his brows together, people only called him that when he was, or they were, in little space, "um, yeah?"

"Do you . . . uh, want to go into little space?" Yoongi scratched the back of his neck, holding his hand there for a minute. Truthfully, he was still getting familiar with this whole concept.

Jimin was further confused, "what?"

The man before him sighed and dropped his arm to his side, "I set up this thing for little Jimin."

There was a pause of silence between them before Jimin finally said, "so . . . this is like some double date?"

"Sure," Yoongi sheepishly smiled, tilting his head to the side slightly.

Jimin pulled his sleeves over his hands and hid his face behind them. He was completely over the moon at the moment, ecstatic that someone cared enough about him that they'd put so much effort in to make just one night special. It made him all mushy and fuzzy inside.

"Minnie?" Yoongi's gentle voice called out.

Jimin lowered his hands, "hmm?"

"I made you a surprise."

"Supise?" Jimin's voice was sweet and light, that happy little shine in his eyes was so endearing. He jumped off from the couch and excitedly ran over to Yoongi, grabbing the hand that was being held out by the man.

"Close your eyes honey," Yoongi instructed as he started leading the boy down the hallway. Jimin closed his eyes and slapped a hand over them for good measure.

They didn't walk for long considering the apartment wasn't at all big. In less than a few seconds, they had stopped. Jimin took his hand away and opened his eyes after Yoongi told him he could do so.

"Papa," Jimin's eyes began to water, "Papa . . . I didn't do – do anyfing for you."

Before the two men was a blanket fort, set up over Jimin's bed. Pillows taken from the couch and Yoongi's own room had been laid across the sheets along with all the blankets Yoongi knew Jimin liked to wrap himself up in. He had bought some of the boy's favourite snacks – most of which were sugary – and had set up some of little Jimin's favourite cartoons to play on his laptop.

"Sweetheart, it's fine," Yoongi pulled Jimin to the bed and sat him down, wiping away a few tears that found themselves at his jawline.

The little boy hiccupped and wiped away the rest of his tears, "I pwomise to make you somefing."

Yoongi's heart ached a little at the incredibly precious promise, "ok."

"Don't worry," Jimin pat Yoongi's hair, "I'll make it very soon Papa, like . . . w – lii – witing."

"Lightning?" Yoongi queried to which Jimin nodded his head in confirmation, not even attempting to repeat the word.

With everything resolved, Jimin was about to crawl into the sea of pillows and blankies before Yoongi stopped him with a suggestion of putting his pyjamas on first. He was reluctant – because who wouldn't want to get right into watching cartoons – but he complied nonetheless and ran to the bathroom, getting changed the fastest he ever had before.

Rushing back to the room, Jimin dove back onto the bed and quickly found himself a comfortable spot under the blankets and propped up on all the pillows. He patted the spot next to him, gesturing for Yoongi to lay next to him. Without much hesitation, the man crawled in next to the boy and picked up his laptop. He put on what he figured to be Jimin's favourite cartoon considering how much the boy watched it, and put some snacks between them.

They spent the night eating, binging and giggling. Halfway through they ended up talking through the show, and although it consisted a lot of Jimin recalling some ridiculous adventures he and Bear had gone on in the littles imagination, Yoongi didn't mind one bit.

Through the middle of one of his stories, Jimin's words began to slur and eyes began to droop shut.

Quietly, the boy mumbled a "tired . . . pwease . . ." it was but a soft, sleepy whisper, "cuddle."

In the past he may had cringed, he may have choked on his spit, he may have gently let the boy down, but things had changed since then. Yoongi simply turned off the laptop, putting it to the side along with all their food before he rolled over and pulled Jimin against him. 

This was a first too.