FOURTEEN: Patience is a Virtue

This shall be the only NSFW warning in this book.

His hand never left mine as we flew against the wind; home in our sights. Every few moments he'd peer at me from over his shoulder and smile. Not one of his usual lazy, carefree smiles; one that was quite literally glowing.

What am I doing..? Why does he even care about...someone like me..?

He pulled me flush to his chest as we descended into the apartment from the open skylight; landing less than gracefully in the center of the room. His lips met mine in a feverish kiss, and I didn't hesitate in reciprocating as he blindly guided me through the house. His wings knocked and skewed every item in our path, but neither of us could give a flying fuck. Nothing else existed. The battle for oral dominance was a ruthless one, but the way his tongue moved about in my mouth soon had me falling into a blissful surrender. We made a pit stop against the hallway wall; his knee edging up to press firmly between my legs as his fingers traced the curve of my spine.
"H..Hawks..." I turned my head to the side; accidentally giving him access to my neck, where he began to kiss along my (S/C) skin. "...B..bed..." My entire being was screaming at him, and even my headstrong nature couldn't stop it. I wanted him, and I needed him. Immediately.
"Don't...rush this..." He whispered against my throat; knee pushing up just that fraction more. "...I wanna know every part of your body..." Face burning, I gripped onto the fabric of his coat; tugging at it urgently. I wanted to feel his skin against my hands. His pulse pumping along with mine like a percussion ensemble on crack. Eventually; after he made sure to taste every inch of my exposed throat, he swept me into his arms and we continued down the hall into his bedroom, where he placed me gently onto his mattress. I couldn't take my eyes off him as he knelt down between my legs; beginning to kiss up along my thigh, as slow as the day was long. I didn't know what had happened to the brash, fast-moving hero I knew, but his pace was going to send me to an early grave.

"A..at least t..take your damn coat off..." I muttered; propping myself up on my elbows.
"You're really in a rush, Sunshine..." He chuckled, looking up at me with those glossy eyes of his; no longer distorted by his visor. At some stage he had discarded his gloves and headgear, too, and I yearned to see him in less.
"P..please..." I peered up at him with pleading eyes; sticking my bottom lip out just enough to make his entire face blossom. Standing up, he all but tore off his token coat, and his black muscle shirt quickly followed; landing in a heap on the opposite side of the room on top of a humming Patricia. His body was a sight that made my loins ache. The beginnings of a six pack were beginning to show, and I had the insane urge to leap forward and run my tongue down the prominent v of his iliac furrow (the v thing on fit guys oml drench me in holy water plz).
"Here. Now." I commanded; eyes unable to stray away from his bare torso. He wagged his finger in my face; tutting as he placed a hand on his hip.
"Patience is a virtue...Besides...tit for tat, right..?" He motioned to my dress, which had already began to bunch up around my middle. I gladly grabbed the hem and yanked it over my head; tossing it into the pile which would quite possible become the tomb of my trapped Roomba. His desire was apparent in the way he just stared; wetting his lips as he approached me. All I was wearing now was a pair of sheer (F/C) panties; already soaked through, and when he crawled over the top of me, his mouth immediately latched onto my right breast. Twenty two years of running his mouth had made him exceptionally good at using it for other things; such as caressing my erect nipple, and I had to suck a quick breath through my clenched teeth. One of his hands came up to cradle the back of my head whilst his other began to grope my thigh; so close to where I needed it to be, yet so far. He moved on to my left breast; his hot breath fanning against the sensitive bud and making me giddy beyond repair. He didn't seem at all nervous, like I was. Despite knowing what I was doing, he had the confidence I lacked.
"H..how can y..you go from a..a stammering m..mess...to this?!" I barked; squeaking out as his fingers moved to graze across the wetness of my panties.
"Because it's different...I've had meaningless flings before...but you're important...I couldn't fuck it up...But...when it comes to this..?" He eased the damp fabric to the side and began to circle my clit; feather-light brushes that had me already melting in his arms. "...This I can be confident about..." Knowing he had been rather active in the bedroom before didn't bother me in the slightest; I wasn't one to talk, but the fact that he was already making noises rise from the furthest reaches of my throat was startling.