Moscato and Teddy Bears

"I'll have a glass of moscato." I smiled up at the waitress.
"Very nice. And for you sir?" She turned to Chris.
"What beer do you have on tap?" He rubbed his hands together.
She ticked off the list of beers on her fingers.
"I'll take a Sam Adams." He decided.
"One glass of moscato and one Sam Adams. I'll be back in a moment."
"It's very cozy here." I looked around at the restaurant. I loved how quiet it was.
"There's nothing like being home. It's very peaceful." He nodded as if he had read my mind.
"I agree. Guess it's much different in Los Angeles." I fiddled with the table cloth pulling on a small loose thread.

"Night and day."
"Still a little weird you're such a big star."
"I've come a long way since doing plays in high school." He laughed.
"I remember your plays in high school. You did good!"
"Oh you do not!"
"Yeah I do!" I insisted.
"I remember going to see Scott in his high school performance of Chicago." Chris gave me a look.
"Oh no. Did you go see that?" My face started to flush red.
"Yes I did. And who played Velma Kelly.....oh that was you!!!"

"Stop it!" I hung my head embarrassed.

"No I remember you were fantastic!"

"And Scott was Billy Flynn!" I laughed. "Let's talk about you in high school." I arched an eyebrow.

"Hey now. Say what you will. I was a super well-rounded guy. Played some sports. Did some plays. Speaking of why weren't you in any plays while I was still there?"

"I was too busy cheerleading." The waitress returned with our drinks and I thanked her before continuing, "I tried out for the school play my senior year because I wanted more extra circular activities for my college apps."

"And with your first audition you land one of the leading roles." Chris took a long sip of beer.

I shrugged. "What can I say? I'm talented."

Chris laughed.

"This is really nice being out with you." I said suddenly. "We've never really talked like this."

"That's cause our lips are too busy doing other stuff." He grinned wickedly at me. I ducked my head praying I wouldn't turn beet red.

"You're blushing!!! I think you kind of like me Breelan Lockwood." He grinned.

"You're ok." I shrugged again.

"I think I'm more than ok. I think you really dig me."

"Well maybe until you said that." I laughed. "But let's get back to you in high school. I remember going to a certain prom after party."

Chris hung his head. "Really? Really, Bree you want to bring up the night I got dumped at my senior prom?"

"You were killing it at that after party though. Shots and beer and more shots." I giggled.

"Why was a lowly sophomore at such an epic party?"

"My boyfriend was a senior."

"That's right!!! Captain of the cheerleading squad dating captain of the football team!"

"Co-captain of the cheerleading squad." I corrected. "And Matt wasn't the captain of the football team." I took a sip of wine. "You've been in Hollywood to long."

"Apparently." He grinned.

After dinner we took a quick walk around the grounds of the restaurant, even though we really weren't supposed to. I hadn't been there since a 6th grade field trip so it was kind of cool to go back, although walking hand and hand with Chris was the biggest perk. He got me back home by 9:00 and walked me to my door step.