Chapter 23

With no doubt, this 'beautiful and pleasant sounding' voice belongs to Meng Shao Jue, Young Master Meng. I feel the corner of my eyes very slightly twitch, classmate Meng Shao Jue, why do I feel the timing of your appearances just always happens to be so perfectly timed?

Outside the pavilion, Meng Shao Jue in a body of graceful, silver long robes, holds a purple jade fan that exudes a warm shine under the sunrays, he ignores Ying Lu's utterly stunned look, once again saying, "Ying Lu, did you not hear my words?"

"Bro-, Brother." Ying Lu stammers, "You said Fifth Princess, princess, greet the princess?"

Meng Shao Jue slowly walks into the pavilion, long and narrow phoenix eyes carrying a shallow smile as he looks at me, saying: "En."

"But, but." Ying Lu looks extremely troubled as she furrows her brows, "Where is the princess here, you, me, Ah-Lan, it's just the three of us ah. Or......when did Brother become Fifth Princess?"

Meng Shao Jue didn't know whether to laugh or cry upon hearing this, raising his purple jade fan, he lightly knocks it onto her forehead: "Stop playing dumb with me, this is the imperial palace, be more serious, will you?"

Ying Lu rubs her forehead, sending him a glare, then pouts and says: "It is clearly you who is causing the problem here, Fifth Princess, Fifth Princess, why would Ah-Lan become Fifth Princess?"

Meng Shao Jue's thin lips hooks up, meaningfully glancing at me, "This......you will have to ask her yourself."

I think to myself, is this not right? You two are discussing back and forth, but why is it that I - the person in question here - isn't involved in the discussion itself?

Ying Lu sinks into silence for a while, then turns to grabs my shoulders, extremely seriously looking at me and asking: "Are you, Ah-Lan?"

I don't know why I found it rather funny, but on the outside, I maintain my expression, "En."

I thought Ying Lu would continue to follow up with questions or something, but didn't expect to her to let out a big sigh in relief upon hearing this answer, the corners of her lips revealing an incomparably dazzling smile, shrugging her shoulders and speaking to Meng Shao Jue in a very indifferent mater: "Brother, look, Ah-Lan says she is Ah-Lan eh, so it's nothing then. Ai~, it's no longer early, Ah-Lan, let us return to the estate now." Having said that, she grabs my hand, wanting to leave.

However, Meng Shao Jue's face darkens as he raises his fan to knock at her again, very helplessly saying: "Meng Ying Lu, can you get any crazier?"

"Brother." Ying Lu's voice is bright and strong, her beautiful eyes flashing brightly, "Ah-Lan already says she is Ah-Lan, is this not enough?"

Right after Ying Lu's words were spoken, both Meng Shao Jue and I freeze on the spot, I feel a very slight warmth surge up from the bottom of my heart, Ying Lu is saying, as long as I am Ah-Lan, that is all that matters. I slowly hook up the corners of my lips, Ying Lu, turns out that sometimes, matters can be as simple as this.

Just like calculating the distance between two points, the path you take is completely straight, direct and fast. Yet we would always turn here, and walk around there, as we ponder over too many possibilities, ultimately passing by the shortest correct choice.

You are so much more pure than us.

Ying Lu ignores both our silences, reaching out to wrap an arm around my shoulder, heartily laughing as she says: "A fool is ultimately a fool, just look at your eyes, still ever so dull, not at all different to Xiao Hei's ah. Oh right, Brother, where's Xiao Hei?"

Meng Shao Jue had originally narrowed his phoenix eyes, his expression looking rather pleased with clear understanding, but upon hearing Ying Lu's question, it turns a little strange, the corners of his lips suspiciously turning upwards, "En, Xiao Hei ah, it is with Gentleman Yuwen right now." His handsome face hooks up into a deep smile, "I have come finding you two precisely due to Gentleman Yuwen's matter."