Chapter 24

The silver moonlight slowly flows into the room, sprinkling over the glorious young man's slender body. His side profile is facing me as he looks out the window, thin lips slightly pursed, a cold light glimmering in his long and fine eyes.

I lift my blankets and get out of bed, setting foot on the marble floor. The ice-cold temperature of the marble spreads throughout my entire body, but this cold cannot be compared to the feeling of distant coldness the handsome male by the window gives others. I just quietly watch him sit by the window like this, until he quietly calls out my name.

"Ah-Lan." Yuwen Rui's eyelashes gently flutters, the words coming out of his mouth is just like that of a cloud floating in the sky.

I continue to keep my mouth shut, just gazing at him. On this day, every year, he would always come into my room like this, quietly looking at that withered osmanthus tree outside the window, until sunrise.

He lightly sighs, then says: "Come here."

Just like every other year on this day, I walk up to his side, leaving him to pull me into his arms, quietly sitting there, not saying a word. I thought he would only sit through the night in silence just like every other year, but did not think he would actually speak up.

"Ah-Lan, today is my mother's death anniversary." Yuwen Rui says, his lowered eyes looking a little empty.

I suddenly get a bad feeling, please don't tell me he wants to tell me some sort of secret......

He rubs his warm face against my forehead, lowly sounding a chuckle, speaking with slight satire, "Ah-Lan, did you know? I like your mother, more so than my own mother."

This I already know, my mother empress who died at childbirth was said to have extremely doted on a pretty, intelligent, and understanding nephew.

"Ah-Lan......" His warm breath against my neck, feels a little ticklish, a little moist, "In fact, you know everything, right?"

My nerves immediately tenses, know? Know what? No, I don't know, I really don't know that you're not actually your mother's and Eldest Uncle's son.

"Hoho......" He deeply sounds a laugh, causing his chest to gently shake, "Look how afraid you are, what, afraid I'll silence you (by killing)?"

I decline to comment, who knows, not like it'll be your first time wanting to get rid of me.

"Ah-Lan, believe me, I will never harm you again, definitely wouldn't." His voice is so strong and committed, but vaguely gives me a slightly bleak feeling.

Yuwen Rui, why must you guarantee this to me, guarantee is such a futile thing.

He raises my chin, forcing me to look him in the eye, his voice clear and cold but carries warmth, "That's why, don't fear me anymore."

In this type of quiet and harmonious atmosphere, I was actually thinking: ah, the skies are dark, let us all go home and sleep now. -_-|||

"Ah-Rui." I hear myself speak, "Should there come a day, this no longer fears you, then, I will no longer fear you either."

'This', is referring to my heart.

Yuwen Rui reaches out to cover the hand I have at my chest, a broken smile flashing in his brown eyes, "Ah-Lan, remember, here, only I can enter."

I just rest my head against his chest, not saying a thing, here, perhaps even I have not yet entered.

Yuwen Rui does not speak anymore, the time quietly flows by, with no one speaking again, in fear of breaking this quiet scene.