Chapter 28

Yuwen Rui......injured?

I have to say that towards this news, I feel very surprised, you should know that is Yuwen Rui, the one who since a young age, have always been mindful of everything with nothing passing by him- Yuwen Fox, the one who has never ever been inflicted with even the tiniest prick of an injury - Yuwen Fox. Whilst surprised I am also very curious, curious as to how he had been injured.

I put the peach down and look at Ling Zhi who is not her usual charmingly smiling self, asking: "When to leave?"

Ling Zhi's eyes brightens, "Of course the sooner the better."

I nod, "Oh."

Clearly, the meaning of the sooner the better is immediately.

I feel unbelievable lamentation as I realise Yuwen Rui's power within the palace has truly grown increasingly rampant, I did not even need to go through any procedure, only giving the palace administration a notice and was thus able to take Xi Xi out the palace with ease. I feel a little tired whilst in the horse carriage, hence leaning against Xi Xi to doze off.

A long while later, I hear Xi Xi quietly ask Ling Zhi: "Is Eldest Gentleman's injury severe?"

Ling Zhi sighs: "The blade was coated in poison, Divine Physician Xue had just concocted an antidote to give Eldest Gentleman, as of now, he has yet to awaken."

Xi Xi is a little concerned, also a little doubtful, "It truly is strange, Gentleman's mindfulness is finer than that of cotton, how did he fall into someone's path this time (let someone have their way)?"

"If it wasn't for trouble caused by Ling Xian Er!" Ling Zhi is rather angered, "Told her and Ling Miao Er to lead people to wipe out the mountain bandits, she sure did well, charging out in a rampage wanting to snatch the credit, didn't catch the bandit and instead caught herself! That head of bandit is considerably smart, stating his unwillingness to discuss with us underlings, only willing to let her go if Gentleman comes forward. Of course, Gentleman went, but didn't think that, when they were discussing without any problems, those underhanded things would actually send in a seven or eight-year-old girl to make the move, truly a bunch scoundrels!"

"A blatant gun easy to avoid, an arrow from the shadows difficult guard against." Xi Xi is still doubtful: "But why did Gentleman let that little girl succeed just like that?"

Ling Zhi suddenly laughs, "You tell me if this is coincidence or not, that little girl is fair and tender, that simple and honest look when she smiles looks very similar to Fifth Princess when she was younger, Gentleman paused for a moment in face of that smile, and in the very next moment, his shoulder had suffered under the knife."

Xi Xi also starts laughing, the worries from before vanishing into thin air, "Didn't think Gentleman would also have a 'dying under the tree peony, amorous even as a ghost' moment."

Ling Zhi starts to take pleasure in other people's misfortune, "I can see that Gentleman's path is still very long, meeting a rare slow-witted one, haha, only afraid that should Gentleman be provoked beyond endurance, your little master here will have no good fruits to eat (be met with bad consequences)."

Xi Xi says: "I think not, when that time come, perhaps he will be oppressed by my little master here."

"Bet?"

"Like I'd be afraid of you?"

I keep my eyes close, really finding these very immature, this serious matter has ultimately become an interesting bet, really have grown through the years for nothing.

I hear the two names Ling Zhi mentioned just now, Ling Miao Er and Ling Xian Er. These two are Ling Zhi's younger sisters, Ling Miao Er's name is not unfamiliar, I have long heard that Ling Zhi's second sister is an officer under Yuwen Rui, this girl's courage and intellect does not fall short from a man's, is a rare high-ranking officer in Yuwen Rui's army, the soldiers under her are also more than willing to submit to her. En, is a hero amongst women. Whilst Ling Xian Er is Ling Zhi's third sister, three years younger than Ling Zhi, yet her temperament and personality is basically like a child, and the credit claiming behaviour shown this time also proves it, she is indeed still an insensible child.